Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What kind of auto is this?

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Obviously in college he didn't take that tough 5 credit course- "How to Spell Your Name!" image
    << image >>
  • Options
    He obviously "cares" about his fan base.
  • Options
    I wouldn't pay $5.00 for that autograph. Absolutely horrendous signature.
  • Options
    The best autograph is of HOF'er Leo "Gabby" Hartnett of the 1930's Chicago Cubs.
  • Options
    Maybe Marcus Vick signed it thinking it was his plea...No Contest?
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    definitely not "Ron Mexico"....

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    Worse auto I've seen is Vincent Morency in 2005 football products. His autograph is basically a check markimageimage
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Frank I had the same thought- his auto is very sad.
  • Options
    UllrUllr Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    collecting '67 & '75 red sox + baseball HOF autographs
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Hey Matt, post a pic of one of those Michael Clayton autos you have that I swear starts with the letter "G".

Don't mean to beat your guy up but that sig still confuses the hell out of me. image

Shawn.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey Matt, post a pic of one of those Michael Clayton autos you have that I swear starts with the letter "G".

Don't mean to beat your guy up but that sig still confuses the hell out of me. image

Shawn. >>

I know, when I first saw his auto I thought it was a G to. Great guy but the auto needs some work image

matt
  • Options
    LOL, yes, that's the one.

Great auto on that football. And to be honest, I can actually see what is going on in that one. The "C" surrounds the "M". I honestly never saw it until your football.

I was use to seeing this one (stolen from an ebay scan)

Now that looks like a "G". Thanks for the scan. Nice ball.

Shawn.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    Buy the card not the autograph..............
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Vick's auto is very lame, but Vernand Morency takes the cake! That has to be the laziest, most non-descript, lack of effort "autograph" I have ever seen. At least Domanick Davis takes some pride.

• Options
    Another beauty I spotted on eBay. What is this???

• Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    That is the sound of a cell phone ringing.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    I really like the Charles Gehringer autograph.
  • Options
    the one thing about horn's auto is it would be a bit tough to fake since he makes every L different....wonder if he's consistent with the different L's?
  • Options

Fake...lol

Great story about autos.......

Make it legible
    Peter Jacobsen once learned a valuable lesson from Arnold Palmer in the art of penmanship.

He used to play an exhibition with Palmer, LPGA players and former NBA coach Pat Riley in Los Angeles, and they were working an autograph line when Jacobsen signed a hat and passed it along to Palmer, who promptly shoved it back at him and grilled him over his signature.

“He said, ‘What is that?’ I said, ‘That’s my autograph,’ ” Jacobsen said. “He said, ‘I can’t read it. That scribble may be OK on a check because your banker is not going to look at it, but if somebody wants you to sign a piece of memorabilia, you’d better be able to sign it so he can read it.’
    “So from that day on, I always try to sign my signature so I can read it.”

Jacobsen remembered that lesson last week at the U.S. Senior Open, when he signed a hat for a young fan that already had other autographs.

“I asked him, ‘Do you know who any of those are?’ ” Jacobsen said. “He said no. I said, ‘What does that tell you?’ He said, ‘When I get famous, I should scribble my name.’ ”