Home Sports Talk
Options

Mike Piazza

The Yankees do not need this guy but heck it's not my money.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is washed up for a catcher but he would do ok as a DH.
  • Options

But the Yankees don't need him. They already have a backup catcher and Bernie is probably going to be the fulltime DH.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Hmm washed up, over the hill, and in need of a big payday? What are you talking about, that's the typical yankee nowadays!
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Hmm washed up, over the hill, and in need of a big payday? What are you talking about, that's the typical yankee nowadays! >>

Yep - and, I hope for Mike's sake, it doesn't happen. I always liked him as a player, too bad the Mets couldn't keep him around for a few more years. Their platoon last season of Piazza / Castro was actually pretty good, numbers-wise.
  • Options
    I'm surprised the Angels haven't picked him up. Angels need a DH, Scioscia is known for carry 3 catchers on the team. Piazza would be a good DH and a 3rd string catcher behind Molina and Mathis.
    Looking for Los Angeles/California/Anaheim Angels in PSA 8 or better
  • Options

CreeperKat, Piazza probably wants too much freaking money. I am sure Piazza and his agent know who to go to. They are counting on Boss George.
  • Options
    Don't count the Phillies out. He has family there and he knows that Libby has had two bad years. He could platoon with Libby and maybe take over that spot.
  • Options
    I just read on Philly.com that Piazza will sign a one year contract with San Diego and compete for the starting catcher spot.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just read on Philly.com that Piazza will sign a one year contract with San Diego and compete for the starting catcher spot. >>

I just saw that on espn.com. He has signed with the Padres!!!!!!!!!! image

Steve
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Is he healthy enough to play in the field every day, or hell, even half the season?
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    He said he plans on catching 90-100 games this season. I like Piazza, but this seems to be wishful thinking on his part.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    For 2 million padres got a heck of a player.. he will be missed by mets fans. for 2 million the mets should of kept him.
  • Options
    If catching 90+ games was a requirement to signing him, it makes sense now why the Angels didn't sign him.

Looking for Los Angeles/California/Anaheim Angels in PSA 8 or better
  • Options
    Happy birthday Mike!
  • Options
    Happy birthday Mike!
  • Options
    Nice. Happy belated Mike