Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What is the best team set collection logic?

Hi Guys, I have been thinking about starting a PSA graded football collection. I have been trying to decide which year to collect. None of them seen to have everything that I am looking for in a collection. I don't want 50 or so good to great players and then 350-450 commons. I'm toying with the idea of collecting team sets instead. This way most of the players that I like will be in them since they almost always played on the best teams. I could even add a few players from each set if I wanted to round off the collection. My problem is which logic do I use? As an example, I would want the Superbowl XXX Dallas Cowboys team set. Do I collect the 1995 team set which is when they played the championship season or the 1996 team set because it contains the players from the 1995 season? Anyone have a good handle on this problem? Neil

Comments

• Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    Hi Neil,
    I have done the same thing with the 84 and 68 Tigers (world champ years). I collected the cards from the year they won it all, and completed a master set - that is I got a card from every player that played on the team that year. I tried to get them in a Tigers uniform, bit that wasn't always possible. It was a blast putting it together.
    jim
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭

here's an idea - just buy whatever YOU like and go from there ... some type of football collection will evolve from it and you will have a better feel for what you are really looking for
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards