Options

Grades in from recent SGC sub

1968 T AL FERRARA SGC 92

1954 T JIM LEMON SGC 50

1979 T ALAN TRAMMELL SGC 60 (OUCH!)

1968 T TOMMY MCCRAW SGC 84

1968 T White Sox Rookies BRADFORD/VOSS SGC 96

1968 T N.L. PITCHING LEADERS SGC 88

1959 T WORDS OF WISDOM SGC 60 (Was really hoping for a 70)

1958 T ROBIN ROBERTS SGC 70 (an upgrade to the SGC 50 I have)

1958 T ENOS SLAUGHTER SGC 40 (knew there was a crease, but its a 50 year old HOF card)

1958 BRAVES' FENCE BUSTERS SGC 50 (vintage Aaron and Mathews, VG/EX is ok with me)

SGC is tough on 50's material, especially 59. Can't complain though as the grades all seem fair to me.

Jim

Comments

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Southerncards, looks like you got some good grades on those 68's.
    I just got back my first submission from SGC, had some 68's also.

Card ID Player Name SGC Grade
    1 83 Topps TONY GWYNN 80 (off center fairly bad)
    2 75 Topps GEORGE BRETT 84
    3 76 Topps GEORGE BRETT 86
    4 83 Topps RYNE SANDBERG 96
    5 85 Topps ROGER CLEMENS 92
    6 66 Topps SANDY KOUFAX 50 (has a small crease, hardly noticeable)
    7 68 Topps AL KALINE 84
    8 68 Topps CARL YASTRZEMSKI 88
    9 68 Topps BROOKS ROBINSON 88
    10 68 Topps TOM SEAVER 40 (a crease and bad corners)
  • Options
    Darin,

Very nice! How's the centering on the Bretts? They can be tough!

Do you have your SGC cards listed on the registry? You got some great grades on the 68's as well!

Jim
  • Options
    southerncards, the Bretts are well centered, especially the rookie. I've actually started a 75 topps registry set on both SGC and PSA sites. Have another submission at SGC now, 3 more Brett rookies, a Yount rookie, and 18 more star cards. And I'm in the process of sending 2 Brett rookies to PSA along with a few minor stars and about 50 commons.
  • Options
    Darin - can I ask why the flip flop between grading companies? Sounds like you have lots of great cards there. I'm in the 75 Topps registry at SGC but with a few weak SGC 70's (Brett and Yount rc's). Its not really my favorite set.
  • Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    I would love to see a scan of the '76 Brett if you get a chance.
    Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Options
    southerncards, I stopped collecting about 1990, and most of my cards are from 1975-1985. I just started collecting again and didn't know anything about the grading companies. In my first post here, I asked for opinions about SGC, and you were one that was pro SGC. Most other posters who responded said SGC was a good grading company also, but not near as popular as PSA. I just decided I'd try both companies, and then could form my own opinions of both.

I think SGC did a good job on my first submission. I'm looking forward to getting my second order back and sending some cards to PSA.
  • Options
    royalbrett, unfortunately I don't have a scanner. I have decided if I'm going to post here much, I'll have to get one and figure out how to use it. I've got four more 76 Bretts I'm going to have graded(by PSA), and I think at least two are better than the one I sent to SGC.
    If I do get a scanner I'll post pics.