Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Can you feel the excitement? Part 2

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
Only 3 days away!!! I can hardly stand it!

Its making me crazy!

Can you guess!?

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    The birthday of the 32nd President of the United States.

Franklin D. Roosevelt born on 30 January 1882.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    The day you expect your submissions from October to be returned?
    Dan
  • Options
    Raynman...wow you are close, but not quite there.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    January 30th is FDR's birthday AND the 60th anniversary of the release of the first Roosevelt dimes.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    The auction of the Reich Collection
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    Someone's making a 70P with FB? That would be exciting!
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options

<< <i>January 30th is FDR's birthday AND the 60th anniversary of the release of the first Roosevelt dimes.

Jim >>

CocoinutYou are exactly correct! Did you have to guess it on the first try?

Not all of my excitement is gone, as I will be running around my house with Hats-n-Horns!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If memory serves, we are also within days of the 40th anniversary of the release of the clad Roosie.

I think it was earlier this month.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options

<< <i>If memory serves, we are also within days of the 40th anniversary of the release of the clad Roosie.

I think it was earlier this month. >>

Cladking you are exactly correct, as always, and just added to my thrill and excitement that tomorrow will bring!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul:

The February issue of Coinage has a nice article on the Roosevelt dime. Frankly, I often do not learn much about U.S. coinage from articles in Coinage (though I still learn a lot more from Coinage magazine than Coins magazine), but this article was a very nice exception. For isntance, it has Anthony Swiatek talking about a matte proof 1946 Roosevelt dime he saw. It also talks about how Sinnock's apartment was robbed in the 1930s and how some of his art might still be "on the loose." All in all, that article alone was easily worth the price of the magazine.

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    Mark:

If you do a search, you will see that I commented on this "CoinAge" article. A very well written article indeed. The thought of a few "Pattern pieces" possibly out there in someone's collection...well I for one would love to see them.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul:

I missed your comments--I thought I catch of all your comments because I know I open any thread in which I see your name...er, rather, board name! Now I'll have to look for your Coinage remarks.

Mark
    Mark