Home Metal Detecting
Options

Are there Werewolves out there????

Well somebody must think soimageAs I found this silver looking bullet today.

Here's are my other find's for the week:
Chinese clay marble with red stripe's,1925 buff,4 hole button,1 piece flat button.little 2 hole button,clay stem.The 2 button's under the stem were found by a buddy,one is a 2 hole shell button and the other is a 2 hole but not sure of the material it is made out of.

Thank's for looking and HH,Tom

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a copper-jacketed bullet that's turned a funky color?

I love hunting sites where there's bits of clay pipe stems in the dirt... always a promising sign! Where there are flat buttons like that, there are often large cents... and Seated silver... and sometimes Bust silver... and Spanish reales... ohh... I'm starting to daydream... somebody stop me! The first two-hole button looks like mother-of-pearl, but you described it as "shell", which would be accurate. The second looks like milk glass? Early 1900's, I reckon. Just a wild guess.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    The picture isn't that good of the bullet,but it is silver colored.

All these find's have come from the site where the seated have come from.Infact I had a dream of finding a reale there,so maybe that will be my next findimage
    A buddy did find a 1809 5 franc's there last weekend and a barber half.
    Thank's for the button I.D.,I couldn't remember mother of pearlimage
    Maybe this weekend will give up some more good stuff.HH,Tom
  • Options
    BurksBurks Posts: 1,103
    A real silver bullet? That has to been one unique find.
    WTB: Eric Plunk cards, jersey (signed or unsigned), and autographs. Basically anything related to him

Positive BST: WhiteThunder (x2), Ajaan, onefasttalon, mirabela, Wizard1, cucamongacoin, mccardguy1

Negative BST: NONE!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A steel-jacketed bullet, then. I think I have seen those. Certainly you'll never see a real silver bullet these days, unless somebody makes them as a specialty item for kooky people.

In the old days, however, when people cast their own bullets, and in certain siege situations where lead was unavailable but candlesticks were, I would imagine a silver bullet could have been a reality.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Some little boy playing LONE RANGER was very sad that day ....... years ago.
  • Options
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage