Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1985 Star Jordan XRC....PSA 9?

Jordan PSA 9 rookie

I know when PSA use to grade these, they used the older, larger font label. Did they grade any with the newer label?

Where they labeled XRC?

For some reason, I'm not rushing over to bid.....

Comments

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

First of all, that is the old flip.

But that is fake. The serial number looks like 0155511. I tried every one of those 5's as 6's too in every combo. No dice.

To things that tell me its fake. The flip isn't sitting flat:

And the shot he has of the back show white discoloration around the edge of the case. Sure sign of tampering.

I would stay away. Not to mention his feedback is only 95.6%.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Looks like this seller got burned buying a fake card.

From his feedback :
    "Reply by greyes34: sold me a fake and then would not refund $"

So he bought himself a 'lucky' charm for his belly button :

And now he's out to make a big score.
    How people can bid hundreds of dollars on a card with a bad cert # ? image

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like this seller got burned buying a fake card.

From his feedback :
    "Reply by greyes34: sold me a fake and then would not refund $"

So he bought himself a 'lucky' charm for his belly button :

And now he's out to make a big score.
    How people can bid hundreds of dollars on a card with a bad cert # ? image >>

I do not think that is in reference of the Jordan card though. There was a response from the seller that greyes34 wanted a mint card and they were not, so he wanted a refund.

I was trying to figure out which auction he might have won this card?

Stingray
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Definitely looks bad. I suppose one could just have a long-ago-graded Star Jordan reholdered so the flip looks current, but I don't recall ever seeing XRC on a PSA label. Not to mention all the other issues people have mentioned here.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭✭
    Not defending the seller, but I think PSA removed all the Star cards from its pop reports when they discovered that they didn't know what the heck they were doing by trying to grade them.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    XRC, isn't that a Beckett thing?

Stingray
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    That slab definitely does not look right. It's even more blatant than that tampered Orr rookie I picked up a while back.
  • Options
    When I typed "01555511" in the Cert # search, this popped up:

Year: 1996
    Brand: TOPPS MYST. FINEST
    Player: CHARLES BARKLEY
    Variety: BORDERED REFRACTOR
    Grade: 9

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    The fact that he photographs the card lying down is evident that he doesn't want anyone to easily scrutinize the label.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent point about XRC. PSA does not include such a designation on its holders.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    zef is correct...look at that white discoloration....has to be tampering.

zef....it looks like you bought something from this guy...you said "A+ transaction."
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I think I'd go with the "bought a bad card, trying to sell it" story. Take a look at the seller "scarfacetheworldisurs." He has a few different "YOU SOLD ME A FAKE CARD!" with his responces along the lines of "Buyer just wanted a GEM MINT card, and I told him that it wasn't."

buyer>Guaranteed the card to be the real thing,the card sent was crap. No refund given
    seller> CARD WAS REAL BUT NOT A GEM MINT 10 CANT PLEASE EVERYBODY..STAY AWAY FROM!

buyer> BEWARE sold me a fake and would not refund my $$ SELLER IS A SCAMMER & CONARTIST
    seller>COMPLETE LIE...BUYER IS LOOKING FOR MINT CARDS AND MINE WAS NOT DEMANDED REFUND

buyer>TOTAL FRAUD SELLER, SOLD A PHOTOCOPY OF A TRADING CARD, BAD COPY TOO!!! WORTH 0$
    seller>total ignorant buyer,it was a thinner stock promo.....I EVEN OFFERED REFUND!
    buyer>PER BECKETTS, THIS CARD DID NOT EXSIST IS THIS FORM, WAS A COPY, A BAD ONE!!!!!!

"scarfacetheworldisurs" has an interesting history of selling PSA and GEM graded cards. He recently sold a box of 1986 Fleer Basketball too.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    scarfacetheworldisyours is a scammer. He has sold Jordan Stars before. Hard to believe he hasn't gone for a swim with the fishies yet...
  • Options
    Another one bites the dust.........