Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

There's Something About Mary

Hmmm. This is interesting. Especially given that Mary just sold this other item a few days ago. Now I don't like being suspicious, but seriously guys, what are the odds that her late husband actually had two 1988 Donruss Jay Buhners?

Comments

• Options
    Buhners? What are the odds that she has two '90 Topps Bernie Williams rookies? image

Someone actually paid $1,050 for this!
  • Options
    PeetiePeetie Posts: 627 ✭✭
    Shipping and Handling seems reasonable. image
  • Options
    what's even sadder is the buyer actually deals in some pretty high end stuff...unreal...I think I am going to buy a dozen reprints, list them, take the money and retire....this is getting unreal

the buyer actually sold a 51 bowman T Williams, I have very little sympathy for him
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, but that 1951 Teddy Ballgame is graded by PRO. So that buyer obviously has some cards that have questionable authenticity already, so of course he'd buy that lot!

On a side note, I got burned on a couple of PRO cards back around '99 or so. I bought a couple of 1933 Sport Kings cards that were about 1/16" short, with wavy borders no less. I learned my lessons. Is EVERY card graded by PRO trimmed???
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    It is quite possible, that the buyer of the first auction reneged and that is why at times you see a seller sell the same item again. In this case the buyer was probably prudent.

If one looks at cardqueens feedback, in 1 day she shipped an item to someone, it was received damaged and a refund was issued.

Is EVERY card graded by PRO trimmed???

No not every. My one and only Pro purchase was not trimmed it was graded 7.5 but had a crease that eztended all the way across the card , front and back.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Looking at the two Mantles she sold, one of which would grade at least "8" and the other "5", it reminds me of the theme song from the old Clint Eastwood TV series, and then reintroduced by the movie "Blues Brothers". It goes like this:
    ..........Rollin....Rollin....Rollin....Rollin....Rollin....Rollin.....Keep Those Copiers Rollin......COUNTERFEIT!!!!!!!