Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Can someone help me out?

I have just started my 1970 Registry set. I went to the Tri-Star show in Houston this past weekend and bought three PSA 8's. Problem? My free submissions came back yesterday and I realized that I purchased a card that I had submitted raw to be graded! How stupid is that? Of course, the card I submitted came back an 8 also.

I only have 10 graded cards in the set and now one of them is a duplicate.

Here is what would like to do. Does someone need a 1970 PSA 8 #567 Bob Oliver? The card is very well-centered. It only retails about $12. I would like a well-centered PSA 8 from the same set in trade. I will pay for your postage.

Please help a newbie out.

Thanks, Paul
#1 2000 Blue Xceptional Set(and #2 and #3, it's a sickness)
1933 Giants

Comments

• mcastaldimcastaldi Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    Paul,
    Turning on your PMs will allow more people to help you. PM me your address and I'll send you a PSA8 NQ Phillies Team. It's a solid 8. Centering is probably 60/40 L/R. . .but if you gimme an address, I'll send it to you for free.

Mike
    So full of action, my name should be a verb.
  • Mike,
    PM sent, and I figured out how to turn mine on. Thanks
    1933 Giants
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Hey Paul....is that the first time you've ended up with the duplicates??? I've done that several times already....I go to shows and find what I really like and buy the cards only to find out I"ve already got the card at home.....frustrating.....only good thing is then you can pick the best of the two and try selling or trading the other one...
  • Normally I am pretty good with my lists of "wants". This was a spur of the moment purchase from a dealer I normally buy autographed cards from. I figured, what are the chances I could purchase a card I already sent in. I knew one of them was the Thurman Munson Rookie so that leaves 5 cards out of a 720 card set. I felt so stupid when I realized what I had done. I would still like to trade this card to someone. Maybe an 8 from a different early 70's set?
    1933 Giants