Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Close call - need advice - would you crack this one? Results posted

Hello All:

Bought this SGC 88 1964 Braves Team card because it struck me as a Mint card - although it probably won't show in the scan, the corners are perfect (all 4/8 of them - front and back are defined), gloss is brilliant, edges are superior...but the centering...??? The question is this - any shot at a PSA 9 ? The centering on the back is what throws me - it seems to overexagerrate the centering issue on the front. Maybe I'm off, but the front strikes me as 65/35 and 50/50, while the back seems 75/25 and 55/45. Seems to be within the range of Mint, but I wonder if the back centering could "throw off" the grader; obviously PSA sees cards with variances in center on front/back (or so their standards indicate). Your thoughts would be appreciated.

A PSA Gem Mint 10 card is a virtually perfect card. Attributes include four perfectly sharp corners, sharp focus and full original gloss. A PSA Gem Mint 10 card must be free of staining of any kind, but an allowance may be made for a slight printing imperfection, if it doesn't impair the overall appeal of the card. The image must be centered on the card within a tolerance not to exceed approximately 55/45 to 60/40 percent on the front, and 75/25 percent on the reverse.
MINT 9: Mint.

A PSA Mint 9 is a superb condition card that exhibits only one of the following minor flaws: a very slight wax stain on reverse, a minor printing imperfection or slightly off-white borders. Centering must be approximately 60/40 to 65/35 or better on the front and 90/10 or better on the reverse.
NM-MT 8: Near Mint-Mint.

A PSA NM-MT 8 is a super high-end card that appears Mint 9 at first glance, but upon closer inspection, the card can exhibit the following: a very slight wax stain on reverse, slightest fraying at one or two corners, a minor printing imperfection, and/or slightly off-white borders. Centering must be approximately 65/35 to 70/30 or better on the front and 90/10 or better on the reverse.

Here is a PSA 9 currently on ebay for comparitive purposes - I hope the seller doesn't mind (and I imagine he won't because of the free press):

Mike
Bosox1976

Comments