Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Sharpie on BASEballs

Regarding something brought up in a previous thread, I have a couple of International League (MILB) balls signed in blue sharpie, which are bleeding. Is there anyway to stop this, or do I get the continued "enjoyment" of watching Delmon Young's sig turn to a blob of ink?

Luc
Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    I Wont allow nothing sharp on my balls.
  • Options
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>do I get the continued "enjoyment" of watching Delmon Young's sig turn to a blob of ink? >>

Luc
    Very eloquent - I guess your ball is a "metaphor" for many careers.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, You might have tried to word the title a little different because it is just asking for it.image
    Anyway, I dont know, but I wonder if there is some type of spray clear coat that might help. It might end up smearing the auto more but maybe sign a ball with the same type of ink and try the clear coat thing as an experiment. Just a thought.

Matt
  • Options
    I recently read an article in the Sports Market Report magazine about Sharpies and memorabilia. Maybe you have that issue, it also had an article about Eli Manning and his rookie cards.

Anyway, I don't remember if it had anything about your situation, but it's worth checking out.
    Tonya
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>Yeah, You might have tried to word the title a little different because it is just asking for it.image
    Matt >>

I agree. I fought temptation really hard on this one.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    damn, i missed it..
    ·p_A·