Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Dimeman (Jon) Read this.

Jon this might be easier than doing what you need by Email.

First you must upload your file to this site.

Do you see the box, when you are replying to someone, that says Attach Files ? Click on that like you are going to attach a file. Now go up to the top of the box that shows up and click on the upload file box. Pick out the place on your computer where you stored the file I sent you and click on the file. Now hit the upload file area. Word of caution, make sure you use whatever PCGS names your file. It may be the name I gave it ( JD1) or it could be something else. Once it is uploaded to the PCGS site you can go ahaed and put the file in your signature line.

Go to your profile, which is at the top the page when you are logged in. Toward the bottom of your profile page is a box that says signature. type the following in the box.

If PCGS changed the file name from JD1 to something else type in whatever it was changed to.

I will watch this and if you have a problem just Rattle my cage.

Cheers.

Ken

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is what I got. When you said type what is in the box, there's nothing there.

Jon
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jon.

Right click the picture and then click properties and that will give you the picture URL. See the next 2 posts for what goes in front of the Address and behide it.

Ken
  • Options
    [IMG] in front of Address (URL)
  • Options
    [/IMG] goes behind the Address (URL) to get it into your signature line.

Are you really confused yet ?

Ken
  • Options

JUST F**k 'N' SHOOT ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    Jon, and all my fellow Mercateers. I've set up an FTP server for you where you can upload your pictures.

Go to: ftp.wingedliberty.com (in Internet Explorer type ftp://ftp.wingedliberty.com/)

Username: dimes@wingedliberty.com
    Password: dimes

Just drag and drop your files in to this directory. How to access your files later?

Above the nameofyourfile.jpg will get replaced by whatever you called the file. If you have any questions please let me know.

Best, Mike.
  • Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    Jon, for example, I just copied your file jonsdimes.jpg in to the directory by going to (with internet explorer) ftp://ftp.wingedliberty.com/

...and logging in as (in case it doesn't ask you, right click inside the web browser window and select "Login As")

Username: dimes@wingedliberty.com
    Password: dimes

I then placed your file in to this post by typing the following:

• Options
    Mike,

Went to the site....didn't see where to enter username and password.

Why won't my image show. I upload it in the box like I was going to reply .... I reply to get the pic on the screen...I right click to get address...I put image in the sig box in profile

NOTHING

what am I doing wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jon
  • Options
    MercfanMercfan Posts: 700 ✭✭
    Dimeman:

Thanks for posting the photos of all those lovely dimes!

So it was YOU who beat me out of that lovely MS65 1917 in the Larry Shapiro auction! Congratulations!!! I think it's absolutely gorgeous, and I should have bid (at least) $20 higher than I did.

"Coin collecting problem"? What "coin collecting problem"?
  • Options
    Mercfan,

Yes, it was me on the 1917 and about 7 or 8 others. Larry had some really beautiful high grade no band dimes I needed for my date set.

Thanks for complement.

Jon
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    You have to love those No Band coins for being a good value for a date set!
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.