Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

I want to start sending out auto requests TTM

Can anyone give advice as to where I send the requests? Some of the players are HOFers and some aren't. I heard that I can send the HOFers to the Hall of Fame and they will forward the mail. How about non-HOFers?

Regards,

Greg M.
Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

Comments

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Greg,

Probably back to one of their teams. I think the Packers still forward mail. Not sure about how others might work.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I used to do that a lot when I was a kid. For the current players, I just sent to the stadium. If I remember correctly, for retired players, I think I had a book of some kind that listed all their home addresses. I got some good ones like Johnny Bench, Stan Musial (I'm not sure if it's real though), Mark McGwire, Gary Sheffield, plus a ton of other from the late 80's. My favorite was when I sent 4 cards to Wayne Gretzky and he sent me back an 8x10 Autographed and he kept the cards. I heard later on that he collected his own cards. I still have the 8x10. It's one of my sentimental favorites.
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I just looked on ebay, there is some of the books on there. Do a search for "Sport Americana baseball address list"
  • Options
    I loved doing that when I was in college. I have about 400 autos from the late 80's. I usually sent them off at the beginning of Spring training and had great success with the younger players. Try the Spring traing stadiums for active players/managers. The book mentioned in a previous post is awesome for retired players. Don't forget to send an SASE and only send items you don't mind losing. Almost noone that refuses to sign returns the items. Good luck.

Brent
    Collecting:
    Bo Jackson Basic(#1) and Master(#1)
    Bob Feller Basic(#4)
    Sam McDowell Basic(#1)
    2004 Cracker Jack Master

My Ebay Store
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure Greg is looking for mainly football players.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    I think you are right. I didn't notice what he collects. I got a few sending them to their stadium during the season. I didn't have nearly the response from FB players as I did BB.

Brent
    Collecting:
    Bo Jackson Basic(#1) and Master(#1)
    Bob Feller Basic(#4)
    Sam McDowell Basic(#1)
    2004 Cracker Jack Master

My Ebay Store
  • Options
    GOODLIEUGOODLIEU Posts: 629 ✭✭
    I wrote to former NBA/ABA Basketball players for years and slowed down quite a bit as the authenticated cards were hitting the market. I found a great way of getting sigs was to write to former players who are now in Management/Assistant Coaches and Public Relations positions. I did very well with that because of the low volume of mail they get and their interest in the fans for the teams they represent. I also hand wrote any letters I sent and NEVER sent multiple cards or mags for signing as that sends the wrong message to them and is rude. I was on some occasions very lucky to receive the card I sent a player and a personal message or note on a business card thanking me for my interest and wishing me well. Overall I would say it was fun and rewarding experience.
  • Options
    CopperJJCopperJJ Posts: 587 ✭✭✭
    Greg,

I started TTM collecting at the end of 11/05. Up to this date, I've gotten about 100 cards back. As you know I am mostly FB, so send me a PM on addys you want. Most of our guys for the HOF auto set charge, but I have what they charge too.

JJ
    Clayton Kershaw - master set
    Signed Sets:
    2011 Topps Heritage BB
    1960s & 1970s Topps decade Cincinnati Reds
    2006-2016 A&G HOFers
  • Options
    achteyachtey Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    I subscribe to this website, www.stararchive.com and they have most addresses you might need. It's only $5 a month and there are a lot of people on that site to help. Just a suggestion.

Josh
    The world meets no one half way. If you want it you have to go get it.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    If anyone knows what various football players charge - please let me know. I don't want to send out a card TTM and have it returned because I didn't enclose any money.

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    I remember when Ahmad Rashad was doing NBA inside stuff on NBC I think, I sent a card to NBC. He sent me an autographed 8 x10 and kept the card.

I also remember sending a card to thw white house when clinton was in office. I think it was a 93 Triple play, with him throwing out the first pitch. I got a letter back saying that he does have time to sign autographs, I got a facsimlie auto on a buisness card.