Home Sports Talk
Options

Frank Thomas to Oakland

kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
It's gonna be weird seeing him in Oakland colors. What do you guys think? Can he comeback and give a couple more good years?

Thomas to A's
Travis

Comments

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's gonna be weird seeing him in Oakland colors. What do you guys think? Can he comeback and give a couple more good years?

Thomas to A's >>

I'll say no, but it's still a risk worth taking for the A's.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    athleticsfanathleticsfan Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    Yes!
    A's World Championships-1910, 1911, 1913, 1929, 1930, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1989
  • Options
    It should be a close race between the Angels and A's for the AL West.
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    As a Sox fan, it's going to be hard to see Frank somewhere other than Chicago. If his foot can heal, he will be a good pickup. He has excellent patience at the plate and still has a lot of power. I wish there was a way to keep him with the Sox.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Nice addition. If he were ever able to play through injuries, his stats would be outstanding. Maybe a change of scenary is what he needs.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    Southsider and Dirty Harry....................

I agree, and kind of wish Frank might have somehow gotten into a game for the 2005 World Series.

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    I was thinking the same thing about Frank in the WS. If only Ozzie could have given him one at bat and told him to swing for the fences. But, the games were all too close to try something like that. Even for Ozzie.

Although, he still did contribute to the season earlier in the year and many of those 26 RBIs came up big in helping the Sox take an early lead in the AL Central.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    If he is healthy then he could actually be a difference maker for the A's. He and Chavez will make a good pair protecting each other in the lineup.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    How could you possibly not root for the Big Hurt? I hope he does well.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    actually I thought he retired a couple years ago
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    He signed only a one year deal. It wouldn't surprise me that if you comes back successfully, he will be a White Sox again to finish his career.
  • Options
    "I'm shocked they brought in [Thome], who was more injured than I was last year, and they guaranteed him all that money," Thomas said of the Sox's November acquisition of Thome. "I don't know where they went with that or what the logic was behind that. He had two major injuries last year.

"I love Jim. Jim's a good friend. But the bottom line is he's never done anything I haven't done on the baseball field."

Frank, buddy, you might be right, but keep your mouth shut or you come across as a bitter a-hole to your fans and new team mates. This was a major problem for Frank while he was in Chicago. And stop sounding like you are blaming Jim Thome for this (as the message reads). He had nothing to do with it other than get traded from Philly. Good luck in Oakland and have your actions speak louder than your words.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris