Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

Valentine Swap pairings are set. View end of thread. Any latecomers - SIGN UP NOW!

OK everybody. Time to start getting a Valentine Swap in motion.

The rules are the same as usual. These rules may be found in the opening post of virtually every swap I've run, Be sure to read them and familiarize yourselves with them.

Should anyone have questions either send me a PM, email me or if it's the type question that would benefit the group as a whole, just ask away right in this very thread.

First and foremost, NO NEWCOMER will be permitted to participate without thorough screening by me. As with CodyB, who complied quite nicely, you are to make known your real Name, address, email address and tell me about yourselves. If you wish to remain anonymous that's fine BUT YOU WILL MAKE YOURSELF KNOWN TO ME AND YOUR INFORMATION WILL REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL WHEN VERIFIED. I will email you and I will call you. THERE WILL BE NO HIT AND GET around here. That would amount to theft and since the US Mail is involved, would thereby be considered a Federal Offense.

These Swaps WILL go on and they will be run fairly and smoothly. Any and all chronically problematic members will be dealt with accordingly. This is supposed to be fun and for the enjoyment of our Hobby at it's grass roots' level.

A minimum will be set and each swapper is to make it his or her business to communicate with his or her partner, to discuss likes and dislikes (NOT EXCLUSIVE ULTIMATUMS) , what amount is to be mutually agreed upon and by what method the values of said item(s) is/ are to be determined. I will say it AGAIN...This is to be equitable. This IS NOT about dumping items (TRASH) you no longer want on your partner, hoping you receive NICE things in return!)

No swapper is to commence with breaking up, adding to your collection or otherwise dispensing or selling of any items received until declared mutually acceptable by both parties. Once I state the swap begins you will have already had ample time to discuss particulars and are BOTH to send simultaneously. NO WAITING AROUND TO SEE WHAT YOU GET BEFORE YOU SHIP... are we clear on this?

There will be no placing of undue stress or demands on your partners ( example... I collect this only or else!) You CANNOT expect people to run out, find and purchase items that you cannot find or buy on your own, for yourselves. This is just plain common sense here, people!

It is incumbent upon you as a swapper to use common sense and to insure said item(s) sent and spend a few measley cents purchasing Delivery Confirmation for Track & Confirm purposes in the event there IS a problem. This is WHY the above statements regarding not helping yourselves to items received until your partner verifies receipt of his or her items AND that both parties are satisfied are in place!

It all boils down to treating each other as YOU would like to be treated. I strogly encourage you all to re-read and perhaps print out and pin up what I have written here and to comprehend these guidelines thoroughly. As Swapmaster, I am responsible for the good of the group as a whole. This is to be FUN ... a great way to meet and come to KNOW people here. I have NO PLACE in my life for unethical dealings or Nonsense. Should anyone be complained about more than twice by seperate parties, I will do what MUST be done for the welfare of the group as was recently done to a fellow member here that wronged one too many people once too many times.

Valentine's Day is not that far away. I ask that you sign up NOW and respectfully ask that AS you sign up, you mention what MINIMUM amount you are comfortable with. OK? Let's get this show on the road.

Thank you. I believe this just about covers it but if you have questions or are a newcomer, you now know what you must do and what is expected of you.

Have a Blessed day,

B00M image

Comments

• BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Mr. Dixon, I believe you asked to be counted in on the next swap. Please verify, sir.

Everyone else that had stopped for reasons that have recently been dealt with, please sign up as well.

I wish ALL of you nothing but the Best.

B00M image
  • MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in!
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • MillertimeMillertime Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
    Count me in.

I'd like to thank Boom for putting these swaps together. When the participating parties play by the rules these swaps are a lot of fun. For the most part I've been very happy with the outcome and have added quite a few nice additions to my Dansco 7070. I hope the people I've dealt with feel the same way.

Millertime
  • Please include me. I am comfortable with the $50 to $75 range. My thanks go to Boom for his oversight and management of the swaps.
  • USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, count me inimage
  • bgmanbgman Posts: 473 ✭✭
    Count me in as well. I think $50 is a fine place to start.

Randy
  • Awright Boom I'm in- I just hope this one goes well. And if you need my help- as always bud- I'll do what I can to assist.

• GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind Count me out for this one.
    imageimage

• Let's do this again!!! $50-$100
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
    Good deal guys. I'll be on and off intermittently as I renew and reinstall security systems over the next few days. I don't foresee any major problems though. Thanx for the compliment as well.

Like I said, this is for fun. Chronic problem members are going to be weeded out and this forum WILL remain alive and well.image
  • TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭
    BOOM made me sign.....errrr......asked me to sign up here! image BOOM will vouch for me.

TorinoCobra71

• Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Me too!!!!
    $50-$75

Anybody into collecting OA flaps that wants to trade
    Let me Know

Wag-o-shag 280 here

Advisor Jim,

Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in for $50. Second time swapper.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Hi all.

Newbie here!

BOOM just gave the ok, so count me in too!

Well, I think I wouldn't want to go much higher then 350 or 400, and I guess 50 is a good starting point.......

More pre-approved participants will be signing up soon. Great response so far.

Damn shame one man was hurting this forum so much, not to mention his fellow members. BTW, I got the Morgans and just as I said, they are AU at best, totally mishandled with cabinet marks. Gee thanx!image
  • ZugZug Posts: 215 ✭✭
    Hi All,
    Boom just gave me the O.K., as this will be my first time in a swap.
    I think this could be fun and look forward to meeting you all.
    I think something in the 50.00 to 150.00 dollar range would be fine.
    Thanks,
    Jeff Zugmier
  • Hi everyone,

Boom gave me the go ahead, looking forward to my first swap. I'm fine with $50 to $100 in value.

Scott
    Successful B/S/T transactions with: coindeuce, Lincolnsrule, DNADave, WTCG, jessecarlk, Coppercolor, cucamongacoin, ArizonaJack, SilverEagles92, JZRarities, greencopper, LindeDad, mozeppa
  • USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me out on this one please, Boom...

Maybe the next one.

Thanksimage
  • asnovellasnovell Posts: 415 ✭✭
    Hi, please count me in as well... Andy
    Andy
    Looking good, Gang. Maybe we can pump new life into this Forum and have good quality swaps as I'm sure was intended when created.

I have enjoyed this forum very much and have made many friends here. I hope we can continue to enjoy our hobby in this fashion.

I'm thinking that we set the deadline to enter at 12:00 Midnite CST (Saturday evening/ Sunday Morning) giving me time to do the pairings and having participants plenty time to communicate, getting their swap material in the Mail with plenty of time. Try to mail simultaneously as best you can. Please don't wait to receive before you send and for God's sake, wait till your partner verifies receipt and the both of you are mutually satisfied before tearing into the stuff.

The MAIN Rules are agreeing on a declared value and how that value is arrived at and treating each other well. Besides that the other rule is to insure your package and to provide your mate with a date of shipment and a Delivery Confirmation number.

How's that sound?image

Spread the word.
  • Sounds Great!!!

Let's do this!!!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

• Put me in if not to late
    OK guys. Looks like we have a very solid group here...16 by my count, including JohnK.

Although the minimum is $50, you may agree on a figure that is higher. Communication is crucial and so is your pricing source. Be sure to agree on that as well. Remember that this is to be fun and treat your mate well. If there is any doubt as to whether or not you have sent enough, add more (Lagniappe) pronounced Lon-yop...a little extra, OK?

Also do not wait until you receive to ship. Everyone should communicate, agree on a figure and send simultaneoulsy. Do NOT start messing with what you receive until you have verified that your mate is satisfied. One more thing. Be sure that you insure your packages and purchase Delivery Confirmation. Insuring alone cannot tell you the whereabouts of your package. Actually it can be done internally thru the USPS but it's a general pain in the neck. Believe me, just do it. Try to cater to your mates interest but do not feel obligated to run out and search for something that he or she may want and cannot find themselves. No sending of junk.

With that, the pairings are as follow:
    1- B00M swaps with Millertime & vice versa
    2- Michael Dixon swaps with MorganHunter2 & vice versa
    3- Doc Mortar swaps with bgman & vice versa
    4- GaCoinGuy swaps with eyoung429 & vice versa
    5- TorinoCobra71 swaps with Musky1011 & vice versa
    6- Claychaser swaps with Zug & vice versa
    7- VirtualWon swaps withasnovelli & vice versa
    8- JohnK swaps with RPM Hunter & vice versa.

Please check the list and let's get this thing going. I will be online off & on intermittently during the course of the day due to the Super Bowl. For sure I will be back later today.

I will even allow for latecomers, so if you want in sign up immediately as after tonite, THAT'S IT.

OK, everyone. That's it. Let's have a great swap and should any problems arise, you know where to find me.
  • OOOOOO me & Mr. Dixon.....

I Pm'd him.
    Man, talk about being in a pressure cooker image. I tremble at the thought of swapping with the "King of Swap".

OK, I'm over it now. PM on the way Boom

Millertime
    communications going on with the ford guy!!!!!

• I would like to sign up, sorry about the lateness...
    Woops too late, oh well, thanks for using me as an example, I'll remember to check for the next one...
    Deal made with torinocobra71. In mail asap

Thanks

Jim

• GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭✭
    As stated in my earlier reply. Nevermind........I do not wish to participate this time....money just won't allow it.
    imageimage

Doc Mortar's package went out today.image
  • Package out to bgman also today.

Because I did not notice GaCoinGuy's one word post and due to my inability to comprehend the meaning of the word, Nevermind, I will withdraw from the swap and re-assign eyoung to millertime who was to be my partner, as partners.

Perhaps this is best anyway as I just have way too much on my plate at present. I really don't care to go into detail.

Therefore, if it is agreeable between millertime and eyoung, THEY are swap partners as of now. Any problems with this, let me know.

CodyB, if you want to chat about a potential swap, email me. My address is in my profile.

Good day all.

B00M

• packagr out to RPM Hunter todayimage
    Coin selected and package - being shipped to Zug tomorrow.

Hey, what should I get for my wife for Valentine's Day? She shoot me if she finds I spent time on a coin swap and didn't get her anything!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
    Package sent to claychaser today.
    Hope you like.
    Zug
  • JohnK...Package is on the way.
    Successful B/S/T transactions with: coindeuce, Lincolnsrule, DNADave, WTCG, jessecarlk, Coppercolor, cucamongacoin, ArizonaJack, SilverEagles92, JZRarities, greencopper, LindeDad, mozeppa
    Great trade with torinocrobra71

Thanx Boom

Jim

• Nice swap with bgman. I received some nice coins.

"Swaps are like a box a chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get."
  • TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Great trade with torinocrobra71

Thanx Boom

Jim >>

Excellent trade with Musky1011!

Awesome SWAP Boom. PM me and let me know when we get to do it again!

TorinoCobra71

I really enjoyed my swap with DocMortarimage

Thanks for hosting the swap Boom.image

Ready for the next one also.

Randy
  • Hi, I got the coins from VirtualWon. Very very nice selection!!! Thanks! Andy
    Andy
    I received my selection from eyoung today; 1838 Large Cent, 1865 2 Cent, 1854 & 1859O half dollars. He also tossed in a little something for my song. Great swap, thanks eyoung.

Millertime
  • Received an awesome '78 S Morgan and a 1852 Trime from Millertime!!!!

Have to say that this swap went exceedingly well!!!!

KUDO'S BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• boy I had a heck of a time finding one for my swap bud- but I did and Mr. Dixon it will be goin out this friday via priority- you sir were a tough cookie to find that one special item.

I had to hit all the way to San antoin for this one..

I apologize if I am late- but this was a rough one.

Nice swap with Claychaser!
    Great Morgan, and some extra indians and liberty nickle to boot!
    Thanks a lot
    Jeff Zugmier (Zug)
    Zug sent me a PCGS65 36-D San Diego, and a huge bonus of slabbed 63 Indian cent and MS66 Merc.

Great swap.

Boom - you 'da bomb! image

I'm glad everyone had such a nice experience. image
  • Nice coins from Johnk, a silver 3-cent addition to the dansco 7070 and a pretty merc. Thanks again John...and Boom.