Home Sports Talk
Options

Honest opinion....Does Barry Bonds Look much smaller in this recent picture?

For me, it is difficult to tell with the extensively baggy clothing. However, just judging by his forearm, he seems to be smaller. Now, bear in mind that this is not a photo session in which he selects certain photos that make him look larger, but to me, he does seem smaller nonetheless. I guess we will know more as the season progresses.

Edited to add before photo:

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris

Comments

• Options
    By the way, this picture was taken on January 20 during his first visit to the Dominican Republic, appearing at the opening of the 20th annual Juan Marichal Golf Classic.

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I saw some footage on ESPN - definitely smaller.

He is always going to be a cheater in my mind. I would love to see him fall short of Aaron.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    ya think!

I wish he woulda/coulda stayed on the Juice, i actually watched baseball when he was hitting the ball 500 feet.

Oh wellimage
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Is that even Bonds in the top photo? That person's face looks nothing like Barry Bonds. His skin tone is also very different. Why do you say that is Bonds?

Dabeef, a lot of people enjoyed those displays of unbelievable HR prowess by him and McGwire, and thats exactly why MLB always turned a blind eye toward it.
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Bonds is a liying cheating piece of dirt.....they guy vanishes and hides all last yr to keep from being tested.......then he claims he lost like 40 lbs to take pressure off his knees......LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That does not look like Barry at all IMO.
  • Options
    That does not look like Barry at all IMO.

It is. Doesn't look like Bonds because he is high-fivin a white guy and smilin ...
  • Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    I have trouble believing that is the same guy. Are you absolutely sure? Barry's head has looked quite long anf lerge for some time. The noggin on the golfer just doesn't look like his head. And, for that fact, the body seems to have less form to it, but it is hard to tell.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Here's the photo's caption :

San Francisco Giants outfielder Barry Bonds, left,
    and Hall of Famer Juan Marichal celebrate
    during the 20th annual Juan Marichal Golf Classic in Juan Dolio,
    Dominican Republic on Saturday.

And the story :

Updated: 12:55 a.m. ET Jan. 22, 2006

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - A fit-looking Barry Bonds made his first visit to the Dominican Republic,
    appearing at the opening of the 20th annual Juan Marichal Golf Classic on Friday.

The San Francisco Giants’ slugger looked relaxed and in good physical condition during his appearance,
    seemingly recovered from knee surgery that sidelined him for most of the 2005 season.

He arrived Thursday to play in the golf tournament hosted by Marichal, who played for the Giants with Bonds’ father, Bobby.

So it is him unless the photographer got his pics mixed up ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Looks darker, too! image

Does he have hair in the top foto?
    Wondo

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    it's him, and if you think he looks smaller, you're just imagining things.. he may be, but it's impossible to compare those 2 pictures..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well...without the juice he's definitely gonna get smaller. Might have to start using a 26 ounce bat - LOL
  • Options

<< <i>More pics from the golf tournament here.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?o=1&f=/n/a/2006/01/22/sports/s155022S50.DTL >>

Perhaps I stand corrected. He still looks huge in this picture, (especially in the chest area) but it may be misleading as it looks like his gut has gotten a little bigger (perhaps a reason for the baggy shirt?). This could have reduced his chest to waist ratio, which would make anyone's chest look smaller. Could be those months of rehab lead to a small gut that he needs to work off.

• Options
    for what its worth, I live in the bay area and the sports radio station(680 KNBR) spoke of Bonds dropping weight in order to stay healthy for the duration of the upcoming season. I heard he lost around 30 someodd pounds this offseason and hopefully that will help alleviate all the ailments he has been having.
    Current Sets:
    1960 Armour Coins
    Greg Maddux Basic
    Greg Maddux Master
    All Time 49ers
  • Options

<< <i>spoke of Bonds dropping weight in order to stay healthy for the duration of the upcoming season. >>

right, right!
  • Options

<< <i>Bonds is a liying cheating piece of dirt.....they guy vanishes and hides all last yr to keep from being tested.......then he claims he lost like 40 lbs to take pressure off his knees......LMAO !!!!!!!!!!! >>

he did have 2 different knee surgeries last season, correct?

• Options

<< <i>That does not look like Barry at all IMO.

It is. Doesn't look like Bonds because he is high-fivin a white guy and smilin ... >>

he is "High-fivin" with Juan Marichael, who is a HOF'er AND is a Latino, not a "white guy"

• Options
    My bad ... looked like a white guy at first.