Home Metal Detecting
Options

First Silver of 2006

Today I went to the old school site with my uncle (tjkampis) where he had made that big haul on Thursday. He found two wheaties today and I found a 1958-D Wheatie and this 1935-S Merc. It's my first silver with an 'S' mintmark.

I lust for silver.
imageimageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here you were just recently, cheering me on to find 19th century silver, and you got closer than I did! WTG!

I have dug over fifty of them over the years, but I never, never, never, NEVER get tired of seein' those Mercs pop up! image

It was a 1936 Merc dime that started me collecting in in 1976. I was ten and a half, and that coin was forty years old then... wow! Super old!

Now I'm as old as my first Merc dime was when I got it. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Well that was my 5th Merc, so I have a ways to go to catch you.
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Nice going on the silver. image
    Always on the lookout for a silver opportunity.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Very very nice, SD.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That one looks great for a dug one. Looks like you didn't have to clean it at all.

Oh- speaking of mintmarks- I have plenty of Mercs with D and S mintmarks, but the funny thing is with the Buffalo nickels. To this day, I still have never dug a mintmarked Buffalo nickel. And all of the Barber quarters and halves I have found ARE mintmarked- no plain Philly coins. (Of course I have only found three Barber quarters and one half).

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    Nice merc!
    I like the even and natural circulated look of that one! image
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    i iiiiiiiii like it.
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Nice looking Merc silverdreams!!!!!!!

WTG!!!!!!!!!
    Speer34

imageimageimage