Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Very Interesting Trade Offer For 2006 PCGS-MS69 First Strike $50 Gold Eagles

I wanted the board members to know about a very interesting trade offer "The Tulving Company" has going through 1/31/06. Tulving will trade EVEN UP 2006 PCGS-MS69 FIRST STRIKE $50 GOLD EAGLES for
"any year 1oz gold eagle (raw or certified)"( 20 oz. Minimum)." There is also another trade offer available for $15/oz. differential for you to trade 1oz of other gold coins (Krugerrand, Mapleleaf, Panda, Kangaroo, Philharmonic) of any denomination (1oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/10 oz) for the PCGS 2006 $50 (1 oz) First Strike MS69 Gold Eagles.

EVEN UP trade for Tulving's PCGS-MS69 certified 2006 First Strike $50 Gold Eagles for your RAW or slabbed $50 Gold Eagles of any year - that gets "two thumbs up" in my book as one of the fairest trade offers I have seen in a long time. What's the catch or the "fine print"? Absolutely none I am aware of - anyone doing an even up trade - feel free to post your experience here as well.

Anyone interested can call (800) 995-1708 during normal business hours next week. Ask for Alan Tulving. But, the deadline of 1/31/06 on this trade offer ties into the deadline PCGS has set on designating a Gold Eagle as "First Strike", so I suspect there will be absolutely no extensions to this offer.

Wondercoin.
Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Comments

• Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭

Favorable futures buying has probably created an opportunity for them to make money, twice!

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Could it be that it's easier to melt gold, if you don't have to crack it out??? image
    Dan
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing for sure - NO ONE IS PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE "FIRST STRIKE" DESIGNATION ON THESE MS69 GOLD $50's WITH THE TULVING OFFER!!

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    pragmaticgoatpragmaticgoat Posts: 835 ✭✭✭

I asked Hannes, what's the catch?....his reply "we make money"

mercurydimeguy... How does"Favorable futures buying has probably created an opportunity for them to make money, twice!"?

Joe
    BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What's the catch or the "fine print"? Absolutely none I am aware of - anyone doing an even up trade - feel free to post your experience here as well. >>

The catch mite be that earlier dates are worth more because complete date set collectors are looking for them and smoe certain dates may be hard to find.
  • Options
    "The catch mite be that earlier dates are worth more because complete date set collectors are looking for them and smoe certain dates may be hard to find."

But, anyone can cash in ultra common date 2004 or 2005 raw $50 Gold Eagles just as well. I've even told Mom to think about going to her safety deposit box to grab her beat up old Krugerrands to trade them in while she still has time.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tulving's cash price is also very fair.

Obviously, if we get a dip in the price of gold then that would be the time to buy. However, with the Iran situation looking dismal, that looks pretty unlikely.

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options

<< <i>But, anyone can cash in ultra common date 2004 or 2005 raw $50 Gold Eagles just as well. >>

Thats true too and its probly a good thing for smoeone who wants an 06 but is SOC short of cash. But since 2000 was the lowest mintage I doubt that he will get many of those.
  • Options
    "But since 2000 was the lowest mintage I doubt that he will get many of those."

You mean 2001 was the lowest mintage - right?

Wondercoin

• Options
    I thought it was 2000 as there were only 20K minted IIRC. I sold all of mine around that time so I mite be wrong on the mintage figures.
  • Options
    The Redbook has the 2000 $50 MS Gold Eagle mintage at 433,319, while the 2001 is listed at 143,605. Interestingly, a major producer of 1986-date $50 Gold Eagle sets in MS69 told me recently that year 2000 was perhaps the hardest date to locate.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    Guess I shudda hung on to my 2000 issues. image