Home Metal Detecting
Options

got any "trash" coins?

if any of you have any type of coins that are bad or you jsut dont want because they are just not worth having. let me know i would like to get them for free.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try using a tin cup, out on the street corner, or maybe get a squeegee and stand at busy intersections offering to clean people's windshields.

You'll get better looking coins that way, and folks won't have to pay to ship them to you.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Try using a tin cup, out on the street corner, or maybe get a squeegee and stand at busy intersections offering to clean people's windshields.

You'll get better looking coins that way, and folks won't have to pay to ship them to you. >>

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gene2393
    Turn on your PM.Are you just a young collector starting?
    Al
  • Options
    I'm thinking gene2393 is 45 years old and looking for money to get divorced.

If not to all less fortunate or young collectors here is some help.
    --Make friends with cashiers or bank tellers.
    --Join a local coin club.
    --Visit coin dealers, pawnshops and garage sales often.
    --Ebay has many cheap lot collections.

and my favorite...
    --Use cash often and search yours and everyones change, even if they get annoyed. Pocket Change is the closest to free with the littlest amount of work.
  • Options

<< <i>Try using a tin cup, out on the street corner, or maybe get a squeegee and stand at busy intersections offering to clean people's windshields. You'll get better looking coins that way, and folks won't have to pay to ship them to you. >>

---->Internet Beggar<---- WoW What next?????

LOL

CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    I dont have any coins for you, but Im never without advice !!

Take Lord Marcovans advice !!!

Rick
    Touch Not The Cat Bot A Glove !!

Always Looking for Raw Proof Lincoln Cents !!
  • Options
    If anyone has any old worn out Ben Franklin hundreds I will gladly take them off your hands......I will even pay for shipping....lol
    REFERENCES- TOPOFOHIO, NASH, JRCCRUM, littlecrum, LACHU91, HAILIGUY, MIK, PENGUIN, GIANT, MAGAZINEMAN, GOYANKS, CARDNYOU, FRIEDEL, DREWDOG, 49ERFAN33, MONKAPOP, NATANCHAMP, DSCALLON, COACHVINNY
  • Options

<< <i>Try using a tin cup, out on the street corner, or maybe get a squeegee and stand at busy intersections offering to clean people's windshields.

You'll get better looking coins that way, and folks won't have to pay to ship them to you. >>

That is funny! The last time I checked, ALL COINS are worth having.
  • Options
    gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭
    i turned on my pm. if you have msn messenger add me. my addy is ..... hot_rod_2004525@hotmail.com
  • Options

<< <i>i turned on my pm. if you have msn messenger add me. my addy is ..... hot_rod_2004525@hotmail.com >>

Welcome to the forum, Gene.
    What type of detecting do you do? I guess it is quite cold about now.

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    i dont really do much detecting, i am just starting but i thought i would see what kind of stuff people detect for and things like where and when. i just would like to know that because i need to fix my detector but i have used it a little bit but only found "clad" coins. but that was only in my backyard.

gene2393
  • Options
    Gene, You are in an 100 plus year old area! You need to do your homework while
    the weather is cold. Get old maps, find old schools, picknic parks and the likes.
    Old swimming holes are good too.

I have been to Rathdrum, ID. I think you have a good chance to find old coins and jewlery.

What brand detector do you need to repair?

Jerry

CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    Can I have all the clad coins you don't want because they're "not worth having"??
  • Options

jerry,

i know i live here just outside rigby, idaho. i am only 15 though. where would i be able to find old maps? they just tore down an old school inside rigby, would that be agood place to look? i am not sure what brand of metal detector it is, i bought it at a pawn shop but i left out in the rain a few months ago and haven't used it since.

gene
  • Options
    The old school would be a VERY GOOD place to hunt.
    You can find maps and info at a library.
    Any old park also is a good place to go.

Get that detector dried out.

Schools in your town: http://www.greatschools.net/modperl/bycity/id/?city=Rigby&showall=1&level=a

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    i need to repair a bounty hunter pioneer VLF metal detector............ heres a pic of what it looks like
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, now you're talkin' about detectors instead of just bein' moochy.

In that case, I'll say image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    i need my metal detector repaired but i dont know anything about repairing a metal detector.

gene2393
  • Options

<< <i>i need my metal detector repaired but i dont know anything about repairing a metal detector. gene2393 >>

Gene, I would do a little drying with a hair dryer set on warm. Don't melt the thing LOL
    New battries and test it.
    I would not spend much time or $$$ on your detector. They sell for around $60 or less NEW.

Good Luck

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    umm well i did have the metal detector aprt once this last year. just after it broke. umm i had it apart for two days to dry. idk what i should do now. my metal detector is broke and i cant fix it.

gene2393
  • Options
    Looks like it time for a new one....Don't waste any money on that one....
  • Options

<< <i>umm well i did have the metal detector aprt once this last year. just after it broke. umm i had it apart for two days to dry. idk what i should do now. my metal detector is broke and i cant fix it.

gene2393 >>

Well umm umm when I have things that are broke and umm cant fix them I usually take them to someone that can, or throw the damn thing away one of the two.
    JJ
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

<< <i>. umm i had it apart for two days to dry >>

A little story as this thread is already on the top of the page anyway. It can take astonishingly long for some things to dry:

A few years ago I dropped a mobile phone into the toilet (don't ask!). It went dead.
    Took it apart and put on a shelf to dry. It kept trying every now and then for about six months, but it wouldn't turn back on.
    Eventually forgot about it, but found it by accident some two years later. Charged the battery a bit and switched it on. Worked like brand new! image
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    i would'nt hold that phone to close to my face.....ha ho he ha ha ha....i could'nt resist....see ya
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage