Home Metal Detecting
Options

Heading Out Tomorrow! *Updated with Pics!*

ddbirdddbird Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭
Since its been unseasonably warm latley, the ground is at the perfect muddy state grate for hunting. I discovered that my band teacher (close friend of the family) lives in one of the earliest houses of a local town. Constructed in 1768, large stone house with horse barn and well, sits atop a good 4 acres of virgin land. Owned by one of the generals for the Rev. War. Hes owned it for 30 years and said hes pretty sure no one has checked it yet.

I head out tomorrow at 10 for a nice day of hunting, if the weather holds image.

Ill snap some pictures with the digital camera, but Im pretty physched...

Heres some pictures of the house...the hunting was good. We only covered about 1/8 of the property. Close to the house we found alot of scraps but in the front yard we started getting some goodies.

Mostly junk but alot of local treasures that the house owner will enjoy

We found a pretty neat iron horse with a wheel. We have a really old one like it..its a shame we couldnt find the rest.

Also found two wheaties, bunch of lincolns, and dime.

And finally...the only cool find....

A pretty neat button. Looks to be a like a war button but I have no idea. Front simply has bagpipes pictured next to a pretty old bullet we found as well.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Constructed in 1768, large stone house with horse barn and well, sits atop a good 4 acres of virgin land. Owned by one of the generals for the Rev. War. Hes owned it for 30 years and said hes pretty sure no one has checked it yet. >>

Weather, schmeather! It could be snowing anvils and cinderblocks, and I would wanna get out there! image

I sure wish I could go with you... keep us posted! Sounds like it could be a dream site. You're gonna dig some rusty-crusties, probably, but there HAVE to be some sweet goodies there, too!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ddbirdddbird Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭
    Im just shocked hes letting me dig. It was part of "chester county days" which is when they put the old famous houses in the county up for awards and people come and look at 'em and such.

Appearently the house itself is pretty neat alone, so Im exicted about getting to see it.
  • Options
    I don't care if you find nothing but rusty crapola- I wanna see pics of your outing.

(And hopefully pics of more than rusty crapola- maybe there are some King George coppers, large cents, and Bust or Seated lovelies in your near future!)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Nice pics you have there ddbird. Have you done any research yet on the button? That is a nice looking button. I can understand why you were physched about going.

Speer34

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Great post ddbird!

I love the bagpipe button! Wow!

Found one on line looks a lot like your's. Eureka I Found It.

Edited to add the link isn't any help on ID'ing it.image
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    A bagpipe button! Cool! I've never seen such a thing!

Ooooh... those pictures of that place make me wanna put the coil to the soil!

The iron horse is cool, too- apparently a 19th century toy, I would imagine. Prolly worth some $$$ too, if nondug. Cool relic.