Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Free Shipping Labels!!! From FedEx

This really works and for those of us who ship from home for stuff we sell on eBay, you can save a lot of money.

I won an eBay auction for 1600 shipping labels for something like $15 delivered. I was wondering how they could do this. It took a month to get my labels but they came today and were shipped directly from FedEx. The have FedEx written along the side of the sheet but where you pull the label off the backing, it doesn't say FedEx on the adhesive label itself.

So I went to www.fedex.com to see if I could order these myself at no cost. I figured out how so I thought I would share with all you.

Go to the site, choose USA.

Then from the menu at the top, put your mouse over "SHIP" and go down and click on "Order Supplies."

Then you have to sign up for a FREE FedEx account if you don't have one. I bet the address you enter is where they ship them to so enter your info as such.

Then it will bring you to a page after you sign up and log in. Click on "FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com" under the second column from the right(FedEx Automated Solutions)

The first selection "FedEx® Laser Labels Item # 146525" are for the labels I am talking about. There are 200 labels per pack. I don't know how many times they will let you do this so I figure to go for as many as they let you order. They are FREE.

Let me know if you have any questions and with OfficeMax charging $35 for full sheet labels, I think this will save you all ship-from-homers a lot of money.

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    I just now had to reorder for the first time since I posted this.

You should try this. I have not bought labels since Jan 2006.

Oh yeah...

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Does this still work? I thought I saw that FedEx now puts their name on the acutal label.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I just ordered some. Thank you.
  • Options
    Why won't it let me sign up without a Fedex #?

Where do I get one?
  • Options
    Figured it out.
  • Options
    how do you do the account # thingy???
  • Options
    If you go to the home page it has a section on the left side that says sign up for an account. Problem is after I signed up for an account and got my # I could not find the labels Zef was talking about.
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159
    I just received the labels I ordered through work! I set up a free account at fedex.com but they don't provide free automated labels for the account I set up. I believe you need to set up the "account with a discount" in order to get access to the automated labels that Zef mentioned. Anyway, instead of setting up another account or changing my current account over, I just talked to the guy in our mailroom here at work. We have a fully automated system where we use rolls of labels for our mailing, so I wasn't sure. He checked and was able to order me 12 packets of labels, so I'll be set for quite a while now along with a few other sellers I know locally. We're all tired of cut 'n tape labels.

Also, in case anyone was wondering, the FedEx logo is on the border outside the label area, not on the mailing label itself. So these are perfect for Paypal shipping...

Thanks for the info, Zef!
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    I made it through the first step of signing up but it is asking for a 9 digit FedEx number before I can proceed, can anyone help me out on that one?
  • Options

<< <i>I made it through the first step of signing up but it is asking for a 9 digit FedEx number before I can proceed, can anyone help me out on that one? >>

You have to register a CC but they only charge you when you ship. The supplies are free.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    You can also get them from UPS. image
  • Options

<< <i>You can also get them from UPS. image >>

You mean that you can also steal them from UPS.

You all do understand that the intent is to provide these labels only for their customers, right?
  • Options
    wow, it's been awhile since bhl and those warm fuzzy comments have appeared
  • Options

<< <i>

You all do understand that the intent is to provide these labels only for their customers, right? >>

I have shipped via FedEx so therefore I am a customer, right?
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>wow, it's been awhile since bhl and those warm fuzzy comments have appeared >>

while he may not have the greatest way with words, he makes a valid point.

the labels are not "free" for the taking by people simply wanting to use them for their own packages. they are free because FedEx blindly assumes that you are going to use them in conjunction with their service.

• Options
    well you will feel comforted goose in knowing that I use FedEx(UPS as well) for alot of packaging that I personally send, as well as the company I am at.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Just because you may use any service does not give you liscense to use the labels or whatever for any other reason. I too have used fed ex 1x does that mean i can now use the labels and whatever and not use the service?

So to answer the question the answer is NO. Just because you may have at one time been a customer does not allow you to obscond with products.

Steveimage
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>wow, it's been awhile since bhl and those warm fuzzy comments have appeared >>

I make a post and here comes drew.

What about my post wasn't true, Drew?

I could have made my point more strongly, but chose not to.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

You all do understand that the intent is to provide these labels only for their customers, right? >>

I have shipped via FedEx so therefore I am a customer, right? >>

If you use each of the labels that you get to ship via Fedex, then your point would be valid.

Would you think that is OK to order 10,000 free Priority Mail boxes from the USPS, if you don't intend to use them to mail packages? After all, I am sure that you have shipped via USPS before, right?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I have shipped via FedEx so therefore I am a customer, right? >>

If you use each of the labels that you get to ship via Fedex, then your point would be valid.

Would you think that is OK to order 10,000 free Priority Mail boxes from the USPS, if you don't intend to use them to mail packages? After all, I am sure that you have shipped via USPS before, right? >>

While extreme exaggeration makes your point lose validity, I see where you were coming from in your initial post.

I would think FedEx should be more concerned with the people that SELL free labels on eBay. Furthermore, the person I bought the FedEx labels from, had FedEx ship them directly to me.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>What about my post wasn't true, Drew? >>

Ummm, the stealing part is not true. Misuse yes, stealing, especially in the manner of your abrupt writing that comes off as a felony offense here for some free labels, absolutely not.

I know most of winpitcher's post regarded zef's comments, but for all of the moral police here, if I go back to their website to order one roll(yes an whole entire roll) roughly one third of those labels will be used for official FedEx business.
  • Options
    I agree with you , Zef.

I don't understand why UPS and Fedex allow these eBay sellers to open accounts in other people's names. From the buyer's perspective, they probably don't know where the labels are going to come from; they just want a good deal. But I know that I would be pissed off if I bought labels from a "seller" and they opened an account in my name and had UPS or Fedex ship the labels to me at no cost to the seller.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    so now anyone that doesn't agree with Drew is labelled the "Moral Police".

Give me a break.

If you choose to handle yourself in that manner, by all means, knock yourself out. Myself, If I ever need labels, I think I can scrounge up a few bux to buy a pack at Staples or somewhere.
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I think the fedex labels are great , they have the sticker on 1 side so you can use the paypal bulk shipping tool with them. the ups ones are 2 sided so you lose a label everytime with the bulk shipping tool and you need to cut off the ups logo on them thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    well goose, by my calculations it would be 2/3 misusing the labels

<< <i>Myself, If I ever need labels, I think I can scrounge up a few bux to buy a pack at Staples or somewhere. >>

I bow to you sir.

So does that make zef, and all the other posters who admittedly use these FedEx labels for other such purposes than using for 100% Fedex business thieves? What say ye?
  • Options

<< <i>well goose, by my calculations it would be 2/3 misusing the labels

<< <i>Myself, If I ever need labels, I think I can scrounge up a few bux to buy a pack at Staples or somewhere. >>

I bow to you sir.

So does that make zef, and all the other posters who admittedly use these FedEx labels for other such purposes than using for 100% Fedex business thieves? What say ye? >>

Let it go man. There is a difference of morality and that's OK. No reason to belabor the point. I'm ok with what I have done here and if others chose to get the labels or not, that is their choice.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions