Home Sports Talk
Options

Anyone place any bets at the start of the year??

xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
When I was in Vegas this past summer I put $20 down on the Panthers at 18-1 odds & Seahawks at 22-1 odds. Anyone else place any bets at the start of the year?

Ryan

Comments

• Options
    Xbag,
    THAT is a bit hard to believe. Congrats to you. Pre-Season I picked Tampa Bay (13-3) over Dallas (11-5) in the NFC Championship and Pittsburgh (13-3) over Indianapolis (12-4) in the AFC title game (Obviously picking the match-ups is difficult in the pre-season).
    My pre-season Super Bowl pick was Steelers over Tampa Bay. I thought Tampa would have an '85 Bears-like defense and a great rookie QB with veteran leadership on both sides of the ball...woops!

dgf
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

A third of the way thru the season I was tempted to bet the Seahawks and Broncos to win the SB.
    Seems like they were both still at about 9 - 1 at that time, but with the vig on 'prop' bets so high, I resisted the temptation. image

Nice job Ryan, you're guaranteed almost a 50 - 50 chance of getting about a 400 buck payoff. image

By the way, the AFC champ is already a 3.5 point favorite over the NFC champ to win the SB ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options

<< <i>By the way, the AFC champ is already a 3.5 point favorite over the NFC champ to win the SB ... >>

At the start of the playoffs, I believe the AFC was -9 over the NFC - huge difference with the Pats and Colts gone.
  • Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭

<< <i>By the way, the AFC champ is already a 3.5 point favorite over the NFC champ to win the SB ... >>

Pittsburgh scares me the most, if they win next week I think they'll win it all... but hopefully not.!!
  • Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    In a "progessive" pool, back in August, I picked Carolina 27 Indy 23, as the Super Bowl Final, no chance now for a victory ( Rams and Raiders in playoffs ) but, a slim chance of getting the winner correct.

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.