Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL rule change suggestion

wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

What's the worst play in all of sports ? That's right, the kneel-down.
It's only used at the end of the half or the end of the game to run out the clock.

I'd love to see a rule that after the 2 minute warning,
if there is no yardage gained on a play, the clock stops.

The game's supposed to last 60 minutes. Make 'em play football dammit! image

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"

Comments

• Options
    Speaking of that, some Chicago lineman dove over the line while Carolina was doing just that, kneel down and kill the clock. Did you see that?
    Trying to cause a fumble. It sure got the Panthers attention.
  • Options
    I was never a fan of the "spike" play either. To me, it's intentional grounding, pure and simple. The rule should be changed and the QB must pass the ball out of bounds in the vicinity of an eligible receiver.
  • Options
    How about outlawing offensive facemask? Too many times I have seen ballcarriers stiff-arm the defenders and gain an advantage.

Why is it illegal for a defender to grab the facemask while tackling but it's ok for a ballcarrier to grab the defender's facemask to avoid being tackled?
  • Options
    bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭
    I would like when a game goes into OT that they should play for 15 or 10 min so
    that both teams have a chance to score not just kicking a 43 yard field goal.
    Give each team a chance let them play not just kick field goals.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

A game rarely has more than 15 minutes of playing.

<< <i> I would like when a game goes into OT that they should play for 15 or 10 min so
    that both teams have a chance to score not just kicking a 43 yard field goal.
    Give each team a chance let them play not just kick field goals. >>

The commish has spoke of this numerous times. He does not want the game to end on something like an incomplete pass. He wants it to end on the play that scores the winning points.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    I kinda like the college way of doing OT.
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage