Home Metal Detecting

ruling on organized silver hunts for Quantity awards

What is the ruling about what I find in my MD club's silver hunt next weekend in the quality and quantity awards on this forum...image

Comments

• phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Good luckimage
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just my opinion but I don't think they would count if they were hidden for you to find.
  • phutphut Posts: 1,087

<< <i>Just my opinion but I don't think they would count if they were hidden for you to find. >>

I agree. Is that how club hunts work?
  • DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just my opinion but I don't think they would count if they were hidden for you to find. >>

• Ok, logic told me the same thing, so I won't enter them... LOL
    BTW - This is my first planted competition hunt. I have never done this before and the competitive person in me wants to win. Can you guys that have some experience in this give me some pointers. I will turn my Disc way up and my sensitivity way down to avoid unplanted signals. Everything buried will be gold or silver coins and some tokens that from what the organizer said' register like a quarter'. Any other suggestions, especially about digging the items up quickly?
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm. I never thought about competition hunts. I too would be inclined to say no, such finds don't count, but have fun and let us know what it was like- I have never done such an event!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.