Home Sports Talk
Options

CHEATERS PROOF !!!!

jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
Okay, no one says the Colts were cheating, but the Refs ???????

Clear, Blatant, Obvious, Undeniable grabbing/tackling of a Steelers reciever in the first half, before the ball got to him, was NOT called pass interference, probably cost the Steelers at least 3 Pts.
An interception, for sure to all but the refs, in the late part of the second half, probably gave the Colts 7 Pts.

Despite these two really bad errors by the refs, the Steelers somehow managed to win. Kids still call failure after "questionable" breaks going your way, Cheaters Proof.

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.

Comments

• Options
    Not a Colts fan, but how about the non-call on the false start by Faneca? Replay clearly showed he moved, and instead of being backed up 5 yards and punting, they convert on 4 and 1.

Questionable officiating? Sure. Biased officiating? Ridiculous.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Very questionable officiating, but we'll take the win!
  • Options
    It seems Joey Porter, Steelers fine LB, agrees with me. He was quoted in the NY TImes stating very similar to what I suggested might have happened, and at the risk of a good-sized fine from the NFL,.............. maybe not quite so ridiculous after all.

ESPN.com and Foxsports.com as well as others I would assume, show his comments.

The two calls/missed calls were game changing probable points related ones, not mere 5 yard penalties. The refs did do a very poor job overall. Let's hope it's just incompentecy, and most likely it was, but let's not be totally niave and think there is no possibility that outside gambling interests would never ever be able to come into the picture.

• Options
    Jaxxr,
    It sure does look goofy sometimes, doesn't it? I'm sure there was no conspiracy, but if you didn't know better...Hugh Hollins anyone?

dgf
  • Options
    The Denver-New England game was the same. the officials even had a chance to even the game out after the bad pass interference call with a touchback call on the Bailey fumble, but they still didn't. The official that called the pass interference was also the same one the called the interception wron gin the first half. He may want to consider a different job or at least a visit to the eye doctor. I thought the highest graded officials got the playoffs?
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< The two calls/missed calls were game changing probable points related ones, not mere 5 yard penalties. The refs did do a very poor job overall. Let's hope it's just incompentecy, and most likely it was, but let's not be totally niave and think there is no possibility that outside gambling interests would never ever be able to come into the picture. >>>

No question that refs fixing a game is a possibility. Believe it or not, perhaps the most effective way would be a series of non-penalty calls rather than penalty calls so as to not arouse suspicion. Just simply let a favored team run rampant without calling penalties and the chances are much better they will win the game and cover the spread. When the game is basically won for them against the spread or money line, then the refs can call some penalties so that the penalty stats "look right" for the total game.

Penalty calls such as holding could really be called on almost any play - simply calling them more on one team versus the other would also be an ideal formula for a fix. Same with pass interference calls and other types of calls. I don't believe a ref fixing ring is going to predicate a fix based on changing instant replay calls to arouse suspicion - that would be just plain stupid and unnecessary.

The dishonest refs would probably have some type of signaling system so that too many penalties aren't called on one play...again...they can't arouse suspicion. Frankly - a ref fixing ring would be very tough to catch. The easiest way to catch it and something that should ALWAYS be investigated by sports leagues are late calls by the refs. For a proper fix to not arouse suspicion, the refs do of course have to wait until the play is over to make their quick signals to each other regarding how to call it. I have seen some absurd late penalty calls in some past games, some of these penalties couldn't even be found by the broadcasters during the instant replay broadcast. Suspicion of a ref fixing ring when there are bogus or questionable late penalty calls? - Absolutely!
  • Options
    What does everybody think ? .........................

Very poor job by the refs OR possibly something more,
    I feel the "missed" blatant grab of the reciever by a Colts defender which was NOT called pass interference in the first half , which would probably given the Steelers a good chance at, at least a 17-0 lead was even more "error-like" than the NFL addmitted gaff on the interception over-rule.

• Options
    Poor jobs by the refs and they admitted it.

Porter saying something stupid about a conspiracy. Where’s the fine? 25K minimum.

Steelers lose and it's all on the Bus not the refs.

Steelers 24 Broncos 21
    Wanted:
    1961 Topps FB PSA 8
    1970 Topps FB PSA 9