Home Sports Talk
Options

Bears victory guaranteed

stevekstevek Posts: 27,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
I guarantee a Bears victory today. "Everything" is telling me the Bears can't lose.

Comments

• Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Allright! A "jinx" thread.image
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to see the Bears mix in a modicum of offense -- especially taking some shots downfield. This town would go nuts if the Bears keep advancing.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    You just guaranteed a Panthers victory.

• Options
    I expected the Bears to score first. This isn't going very good so far.
  • Options
    Grossman is playing like a pathetic stiff.
  • Options
    2 yards passing in the first 2 quarters!

• Options
    wow, terrible missed call when chicago committed pass interference in the endzone - pretty much took 4 points off the board for carolina
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Da Bears. Next year. Good effort, bit as it should be.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    Who would have thought that if the Bears scored 21 points at home that they would lose? It's been a crazy NFL playoffs so far. Congrats to the Panthers on doing what it took to win the game.
  • Options
    This just in:

The Bears Defense has showed up to the game.

Bad news it was 6 hours too late.

Steve Smith absolutely SCORCHED this supposed dominant team...where's ole what's his name saying the Panthers are overrated now?

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>This just in:

The Bears Defense has showed up to the game.

Bad news it was 6 hours too late.

Steve Smith absolutely SCORCHED this supposed dominant team...where's ole what's his name saying the Panthers are overrated now? >>

3 things.

The Bears defense was dominant all year. I don't think there is any disputing that however the team was not even supposedly dominant.

The Panthers are peaking right now and Smith did SCORCH the Bears. I doubt they will beat the Seahawks because if the Bears O put up 20+ points on the them the Seahawks may put up 40.

There is something to be said about benching starters in game 16 and having a bye in th first week of the playoffs. RUST sets in.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    eagles fan promising a victory glad i had 400 on ML for panthers to win.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    There is something to be said about benching starters in game 16 and having a bye in th first week of the playoffs. RUST sets in. >>

Interesting to note that Chicago, Indy, New England and Seattle
    all elected to rest most of their starters and just phone in the last game of their seasons with backups.

Three of the four got whipped this weekend.
    So much for coming in rested. How about coming in with some momentum and your timing intact ... image

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    I think rest is bad at times. The coaches should rest the injured players and play the healthy ones. No reason to pull out all the troops.

As a Bears fan, its a tough loss to swallow but some people and even Sports Illustrated forecasted them to win 3 games and be the joke of the league. They had a good year and better than expected, but it still doesn't take the bite out of a playoff loss at home.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    There is something to be said about benching starters in game 16 and having a bye in th first week of the playoffs. RUST sets in. >>

Interesting to note that Chicago, Indy, New England and Seattle
    all elected to rest most of their starters and just phone in the last game of their seasons with backups.

Three of the four got whipped this weekend.
    So much for coming in rested. How about coming in with some momentum and your timing intact ... image >>

I was just thinking about that too. Where are the people who thought that Indy shouldn't try to win after they got the #1 seed? At least they'll be healthy when playing golf tomorrow image
  • Options
    ..woops!