Home Metal Detecting
Options

Digs O' The Day, January 7, 2006. Woohoo!

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just realized I forgot to post the amazing finds here!

You wouldn't want those Digger's Diary entries to be incomplete, now, would you? image

I found...

(Are you ready for this?)

(Really? You're sure? You're sitting down?)

OK...I found...

Eighty-two cents in clad.

Woohoo. image

To be specific, two clad quarters, three clad dimes, and two crusty zinc Memorial cents. Plus the usual pulltabs, rusty nails, clumps of foil, and aluminum trash.

I was playing tutor to a newbie, though. We still had fun. Worked a tot lot, just so he could find some coins. It was a night hunt.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    What no pics???

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn't be pretty. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    konsolekonsole Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    so far since I got a metal detector for Christmas I've found...

6 clad washington quarters
    6 clad roosevelt dimes
    3 jefferson nickels
    1 buffalo nickel
    11 lincoln memorial cents
    4 wheat cents
    1 canadian cent

I'm thinking of countering the "ooo its a nail" frustration and start to collect the nails image
    Also even though everyone considers food wrappers as trash. I'm thinking about holding onto them and trying to identify the wrapper, especially if it was found pretty deep. Wait till I get home and clean them off under some hot water and try to slowly open them up and identify them.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 wheats and 1 buffalo isn't to bad a start. It's been awile since I've found a buffalo.
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    In the last 4 years and over 13,000 coins I have a total of 2 no date buffalo nickels. I think your % is darn good.
  • Options
    konsolekonsole Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    ya it surprised me when I found that buffalo nickel even if it was in very poopy condition. All but 1 of the wheaties were in pretty bad shape too.