Home Metal Detecting

Time for everyones favorite game "guess that item" (items)

Found these 2 items about 10 inches deep other day and both were covered in there fair share of rust. Both have had plenty time to bask in the goodness of acetone and vinegar but still have plenty of stubborn rust left. So who wants to make the first guesses?

Comments

• I'm goin with hair dryer and a round thing. That's my guess and I'm stickin with it.image
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number one is a Znutorian freem shifting plasmatronic xybar blaster with zargon ray (probably nonfunctional in that condition).

Number two is a chocolate donut with a defective hole.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

• << <i>Number one is a Znutorian freem shifting plasmatronic xybar blaster with zargon ray (probably nonfunctional in that condition).

Number two is a chocolate donut with a defective hole. >>

The first one is a dumahicky and the other is whatchamacallit.HH,Tom
  • What do you think is wrong with the hole? was it defective before it was cast aside? Maybe that's why it was where it was when it was found.
  • konsolekonsole Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    im stumped as to what they are. I think the L shaped item is some kind of tool were the thinner side of the L is inserted into something and the fatter side of the L is held onto to spin the tool. The large section that connects the 2 sides of the L looks like it could be some kind of ratchet device. I'm clueless on the other item.
  • I was gonna go with that next.

Really.image
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Konsole, your avatar is SO appropriate, considering these finds. image

<< <i> image >>

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • konsolekonsole Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Konsole, your avatar is SO appropriate, considering these finds. image

<< <i> image >>

>>

I know I was thinking that hahaha. That little guy scratching his chin and raising his eyebrow makes me laugh everytime I see it. It's actually just one of the gazillion that you can choose from.
  • I'm guessing one is a drill bit adjuster (looks like the one on my eliectric drill) and the other might be a holey-coin that is going to bring LM to his knees! image
    Be Still and Know
  • GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    A spigot and a stripped off nut.
    imageimage

• << <i>I'm guessing one is a drill bit adjuster (looks like the one on my eliectric drill) and the other might be a holey-coin that is going to bring LM to his knees! image >>

marym, that's called a chuck key.
  • Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    looks to me like a bolt from a toy rifle
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • << I'm guessing one is a drill bit adjuster (looks like the one on my eliectric drill) and the other might be a holey-coin that is going to bring LM to his knees! >>

marym, that's called a chuck key.

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me!
    Be Still and Know
  • Old gate hinge for the first one? It looks threaded in the thin end.
  • PghpetePghpete Posts: 200 ✭✭✭
    I also go with the spigot answer, or perhaps a valve of some sort. If the round item was found with/near the "spigot" then I would venture that its the part that actually turns on the spigot/valve. That is all, carry on.
  • I go for a cop's club and his treasure. (The doughnut)image
    Happy Hunting!image
  • Door handle and door knob