Cool it Goose, you will get there

Comments

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    two days late gemmy
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    They should change the rules so you're only elligible one year, 2 years tops.

To make a guy like Sutter wait 13 years is terribly unfair...what did he do on the field in the last 12 years that made him a better HoF candidate?
  • Options
    Agree
  • Options
    I can't say I disagree with anything Gossage said. The HOF is so badly in need of some actual voting credentials it's not even humorous anymore. The whole thing causes more annymosity every year than anything else. It's become a parody of itself.

I can say the Damon picture just makes me want to barf, however. I'd compare him to a pile of steaming dung, but that would be unkind to the steam...and the dung. What a panty-waste.

...Brand new classic pinstripe jersey by Majestic....$109.00
    ...haircut complete with shave at up-scale Manhattan spa....$249.00
    ...Your soul and reputation as a man...apparently worthless.
    ...Blowing out your knee and falling on your damaged shoulder rendering you useless while "frazier" says "you had it coming"...priceless.

dgf
  • Options
    Damon has no credibility left...not because he signed with the yankees, but because he was all about the money when he reassured over and over the red sox nation that it wasn't.

He's a clown, he's a hypocrite....hey, he'll fit right into the yankee lineup.

How long, though, before he gets booed when he goes into a slump?
  • Options

<< <i>He's a clown >>

It's funny. He actually LOOKS like a clown in that photo. I see all Yankee fans these days in a light unlike any other fan. I can't put my finger on it. Bulls fans did a strange thing with Dennis Rodman--I was among them. I don't know what it is. I HATED Rodman when he was with Detroit. He became a Bull and I still hated him. It wasn't until late in the second month of the season that Bulls fans started coloring their hair and falling in love with him. He earned it with his play. He was out to prove something and it was obvious. He was awesome and it was as though he was all ours. I never painted anything or got all inked up, but I dug Rodman!
    With Yankee fans, they tend to just say "He's a Yankee. I love him." Then, late in the second month of the season, they hate him. It's absolutely backwards. Here's a Yankee fan who has had this thorn in his side, finally got it pulled and then starts cuddling with it singing its praises? Sorry dude, that's just odd.

dgf
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    There may be truth to what Gossage had to say, but I'd never vote for him after that.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Yankee fans of late are more than willing to open their arms to even their most hated rival, yet are more than willing to boo one of their most consistent players (Rivera in April last year after blowing a couple to Boston)?

Huh?

Talk about loyalty (or lack thereof). Yankee fans seem to not mind selling their souls to the devil in exchange for the player du jour.