Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Re: The banning of Louie from OUR Club's Coin Swap (revisited) See latest posts for current situatio

Just as promised I would do with ANYONE that continuously proves to be problematic and for the good of the group as a whole, I have the following to say and if YOU have anything to say or have had bad experiences with Mr. Louie, here is the thread in which to air it out and iron it out.
***************************************************************************************************

You know Louie, I've been very patient with you and contrary to the nice email you sent I am NOT one to side with anyone. I work with and deal with the TRUTH.... and here is the truth. It actually pains me to have to post this but there is a definite pattern with you.

Way too many people have complained to me about you and yes, I can name names. In fact, if you look right above my latest post to the Christmas Swap thread I believe you will see ONE member who refuses to take part in any more swaps in which you are involved. There are MANY more as well and if they choose to get it out in the open, here is the the place.

There was the fiasco with Ajia and plenty more others including what is presently going on between you and Mojoman. If others have the GUTS to post their grievances then we may as well air it out right here and now.

You're much too old to be making the stupid mistakes you've made with me and Ajia and Mr. Dixon, mojoman and the list goes on and on. You did it with me and you did it with Ajia and God only knows how many others. How DARE you, remove top notch coins from a sealed display holder and just start filling your little album and send me the trash you did until the swap was declared satisfactory by mutual agreement?

I sent you an item that cost $110 and the value of those coins if certified would be worth a LOT more yet you send me Ike Proofs with hairlines, clad quarters and other coins with hairlines on them....JUNK, that I have no interest in at all. Now you tell me you are sending me some Morgans and that should do it....Oh Joy! I'll bet those Morgans are just as problematic IF I EVER SEE THEM.

Since you are obviously lacking in Common Frigging Sense and because there is a pattern of continual problems between you and other members, for the sake of Coin Swapping itself and the good of all involved, you are no longer welcome to participate in any more swaps. There is no sense of fair play with you. It's all about Louie and screw everybody else. Well sir, that dog won't hunt.

You are hereby banned from any and all swaps conducted by me until you can make right the many wrongs you have had with all the members you have swapped with. You WILL NOT ruin Coin Swapping because of your lack of ethics, common sense and selfishness.

I PURPOSELY took you as a partner to see for myself, firsthand, if all the grievances I have had about you were true and indeed they are. I have seen enough. I have tried to be your friend and to be fair with you and in turn you sent me trash and I am still waiting on those Morgans which you openly declare MUST BE stolen by your notorious, thieving Post Office. Right! I openly state in the Common Sense rules of swapping to have the brains not only to insure all packages but ALSO to spend a measley few cents and purchase Delivery Confirmation for Track & Confirm purposes. You seem unable to comprehend this.

Believe me, I take no joy whatsoever in doing this. Actually, I think it sucks! This is BS Louie and I have no room in my life for anymore BS. You are NOT a man of Integrity. You have proved it time and time again. I wouldn't GIVE the crap you sent me away to a kid.

Until you make things right by everyone that has had dealings with you, YOU'RE DONE!
*************************************************************************************************************
Now, out of spite, he is putting it to yet another member....Mojoman. Same old story, same old Louie. Ya know Louie....you REALLY ought to think about all the wrong you have done and the people you have victimized. Mojo is a kind hearted person and when you are on your deathbed you're going to have to deal with the reality of what you have done.

Not one coin will make a rat's ass after you cross over....but your misdeeds will. Truly, you are a disgrace. No Honor, Word or Integrity in your book, huh!?

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Boom,

I was sorry to hear about your experience with Louie, and I think most are aware of my trade with Louie and I have nothing but empathy for you.

One thing I would point out & something you will find out is that it can never be made right.

Yes, monetarily, Louie has provided coins that added up to the value of coins not returned to me.
    2 nice Morgans replaced by a half dozen odds & ends including common date/grade Ike's.

But how do you make nearly a year of waiting right?
    How do you make the lies (Louie told me he was going to pay me cash for the coins once he got the ins. money & did not) right?
    How do you make the arrogance right?

Louie can 'make it right' monetarily, but he can never 'make it right' ethically.

Those are my opinions......
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boom,
    I'm sorry to hear he screwed you too! His actions with everybody he deals with is basically the same: send junk and hope they don't know any better. Louie is the reason I quit joining the swaps. He likes to use the line that he's 70 and doesn't remember well. Hopefully, he'll get banned from the boards.
    I hope newbies see this and realize they can't deal with Louie!
    Mike
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    Boom - Would you tell me how you really feel about this guy? Just joking.

I got the nickels you sent me for my son, he will really enjoy them. thanks. And thanks for the heads up about Louie, I was thinking about contacting him for a trade with some Kennedy's but now I think I will wait for someone else. Tim
  • Options
    I have yet to deal with him, though, it may help those of us to know if he has an alt ? does he have an EBay account ?? Things of this nature would be helpful.

Thanks,
    Freak
  • Options
    2bucks2bucks Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    Louie was my first swap partner and I was new to the board at that time. We discussed the swap before hand and he made it clear he liked RAW Ike's. I told him I was flexible, but said I do collect Morgan Dollars. To make a long story short, I went out of my way to actually purchase some nice RAW Ike's from a local dealer just for him. I even threw in some other very nice coins and even a 1oz silver bar just to top it off. The total of my swap to him was approx. $80 even though we agreed on $50. I realize the additional stuff I sent was a bit much, but I wanted this first swap to be overly fair on my part since I didn't know what to expect. He sent me 3 F-XF common morgans... $12 - $14 ea. at the most. He also waited till he received my swap before sending his.

Afterwards - I sent BOOM a PM and told him about this and that I didn't want him as a partner in any future swaps. BOOM told me I should have refused his coins and asked for mine back. He was right, but I was new and didn't want to upset a fellow board member.

Trey (2bucks)
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Thanx Michael. He has emailed me with one too many of his challenges. He asked for this....to see if whomever his accusers were would step forward. I have granted his final request.

Tim, you are very welcome. If you are looking for any specific Kennedys let me know as mine come out of rolls that were bought from the Mint or from Mint sets.

Louie has no common sense. Whoever heard of tampering with/ destroying a beautiful set of very certifiable War Nickels before the swap was declared mutually acceptable. I am definitely not pleased with this swap and do NOT at all find it acceptable. There is and has been a definite pattern with Louie.

Way too many people have complained and so, for the good of the group and Coin Swapping itself I have no alternative but to cut him from the pack. He's done!

I lay down very specific ground rules about swapping and he seems unable to comprehend them. He wants good stuff yet sends out trash, IF you get anything at all.

I say what I mean and mean what I say and if anyone else pulled this sort of crap time and time again on fellow members, he or she will NOT take part in any swap conducted by me. PERIOD!!
  • Options
    BTW...he's on right now....lurking. Come out like a MAN Louie and deal with the many you have wronged!
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Louis was my first swap partner and I was new to the board at that time. We discussed the swap before hand and he made it clear he liked RAW Ike's. I told him I was flexible, but said I do collect Morgan Dollars.... >>

Just to confirm, you're talking about Louie, not Louis, right?

Louis is a different board member (the self-anointed token forum redneck).
  • Options
    2bucks2bucks Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Louis was my first swap partner and I was new to the board at that time. We discussed the swap before hand and he made it clear he liked RAW Ike's. I told him I was flexible, but said I do collect Morgan Dollars.... >>

Just to confirm, you're talking about Louie, not Louis, right?

Louis is a different board member (the self-anointed token forum redneck). >>

Sorry - You're right. I mean LOUIE... I corrected my original post. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
  • Options
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Louie

Any response to all of this?

Boom - thanks for posting this - I will be sure to avoid any swaps with him. Good luck in getting squared up.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    bgmanbgman Posts: 473 ✭✭
    I have had my share of problems with Louie also. I used to participate in all of the swaps, but I quit about two years ago. My last swap was with louie and after waiting a long time for the coins, I was sent worthless coins. I just decided it was not worth the hassle and quit participating.

In March of 2004 louie had a post wanting to swap silver eagles for gold coins. I had a 1745 1/2 Escudo gold dabloon. I valued the coin at $220, which is what my uncle paid for the coin. We worked out a deal and I asked him to send his package first, after our dealings in the last swap. When I received the package two of the silver eagles were missing, which he did replace. I sent out the gold coin and never heard a thing from him, but he posted the coin in his new swap list. After a week or two he says he would like to cancel the swap. I had already swapped the coins to another member, and told him so. He said he would just trade the 1/2 escudo with someone else. A week later he says an expert in the field says the coin was a fake. I had already swapped the coins he sent me, so I sent him another package of coins worth $150 and told him to keep the escudo.

I am by no means saying louie screwed me, as I sent him the other coins for my own "piece of mind"

These are just my dealings with louie.

Randy
  • Options
    Randy,

WOW!

I am by no means saying louie screwed me.......
    Does it feel like you were?

But your story does brign up a question that maybe Boom can answer, or there can be a general concensus......
    If you do not hear from the other party, how long before it can be concidered a 'done deal'?

How DARE you, remove top notch coins from a sealed display holder and just start filling your little album and send me the trash you did until the swap was declared satisfactory by mutual agreement?
    Do both party's have to contact each other?
    I have tried to contact a swapper to make sure he was happy with our swap without him returning my PM....I would hate for him to not like the swap & would try to make it right, but after 3 weeks I can only presume he is satisfied. image

In Randy's case, I think that once he saw that the coin was put up for trade & he figured the deal was done, & traded some of the SAE away....BUT it was never declared satisfactory by mutual agreement.
    Then, After a week or two he says he would like to cancel the swap.
    Is that within the accepted time limit to void a swap?

I am just trying to set up some guidelines so we all know what to expect in the future....

& I wonder what ever happened to that 1745 1/2 Escudo gold dabloon???imageimage
  • Options
    I Have had the same experience with louie (1st swap)I sent him ALOT of BU AND PROOF IKES(SOME WHERE IN SGS SLABS BUT... THE PROOFS WHERE PR69 AND THE OTHER A MS65/66 EVEN THOUGHT THEY SAY PR70 &MS70 THEY WHERE STILL PRETTY NICE COINS)A FEW WHERE RAW but very nice ms65+ a few few fillers He had to inspect them 1st, them ask what I wanted MORGANS I TOLD HIM(emails took a while ,with reminders) he said he had no idea of there value? to make a long story short,hE CAME UP WITH A LITTLE OVER 100.00? So being somewhat new..............wel I was not real happy but I let it slide (2nd swap) I thouhgt he would make good on this one ,I sent alot of BU DIMES (raw) and a proof or 2? all pre 64 some had fb's ,It took over a month to get mine ,he was sick ,forgot,was busy? I was not happy this time,he told me to send back the items I did not want and he would make good ,I am doing this tomorow,I would never send someone a CLEANED COIN for a swap?He said he wants me to be HAPPY I hope so and will keep everyone posted,MoJo
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    <FONT class=ftlargecontent>Dec/27/2005 7:28AM

I went to the post office yesterday. Received the item and it is home, haven't been on the net very much over the holiday

jim

Ajia, I did respond and it was the last response to our PM's together. Please do not give the individuals on this board the impression that I do not respond. I treat all I deal with fairly and hope others do the same to me.

Thanks Jim</FONT>
    Jim Chandler
  • Options
    bgmanbgman Posts: 473 ✭✭
    At the time all of this was happening I felt he was just trying to con me. I thought about just telling him he is stuck with the coin, but I was raised to treat other people the way I would like to be treated, so I just sent the coins. The way I looked at it was that my honesty and integrity was worth more than $150. I do not regret the way I handled the situation, but it appears to me that louie has taken advantage of quite a few people on this site. I do not want, or expect anything from louie, but thought it was best to post my dealings with him.

Randy
  • Options
    Just to add a note That these where private swaps.The offical swaps I ended up with Louie a few times ,He was fair on those 2-3 swaps. MoJo
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    MillertimeMillertime Posts: 2,048 ✭✭

<< <i>Louie was my first swap partner and I was new to the board at that time. We discussed the swap before hand and he made it clear he liked RAW Ike's. I told him I was flexible, but said I do collect Morgan Dollars. To make a long story short, I went out of my way to actually purchase some nice RAW Ike's from a local dealer just for him. I even threw in some other very nice coins and even a 1oz silver bar just to top it off. The total of my swap to him was approx. $80 even though we agreed on $50. I realize the additional stuff I sent was a bit much, but I wanted this first swap to be overly fair on my part since I didn't know what to expect. He sent me 3 F-XF common morgans... $12 - $14 ea. at the most. He also waited till he received my swap before sending his.

Afterwards - I sent BOOM a PM and told him about this and that I didn't want him as a partner in any future swaps. BOOM told me I should have refused his coins and asked for mine back. He was right, but I was new and didn't want to upset a fellow board member.

Trey (2bucks) >>

My one swap with Louie was basically the same. He said he needed raw Ikes and listed those, in the same PM he also stated that he needed slabbed Ikes and would give me a list. I asked for the list because I wanted to make sure he would be happy with the swap. I went out of my way to find him 3 nice slabbed Ikes from his list and the first pm I got from him was that he was really looking for raw Ikes. It was pretty annoying because he provided the slabbed list and the slabbed coins were also on his raw list. Crack them or keep them slabbed for his slabbed set but don't complain about something you requested.

Millertime

• Options
    Jim, PM sent.....I am sorry I got OT about Louie, I just wanted clarification on how long one should wait without hearing an 'I'm happy with the swap' before one can consider the swap 'finalized'.

What's really starting to piss me off is the fact that it is getting harder & harder to make trades with board members and it sounds like Louie has not been making it any easier for folks like me to do so. image
  • Options
    Thanks for all the trades I did have, I will not participate in anymore.

Jim

or any other. You want to buy and I want to sell we will. If I want to buy and you want to sell then we will.
    Jim Chandler
  • Options
    Jim,

I publicly apologize for stating you did not PM me, you did.
    I was waiting for a confirmation that you were happy with the swap......I was very happy with the swap & wanted you to be too.
    Do not let me discourage you from continueing to take part in these swaps........it was my insecurities with what I sent you.
    I now know of our personality differences, and hope you will reconsider your participation in future swaps.

This was supposed to be about Louie, & I allowed you to be included in this thread.......again I apologize for that, you were nothing short of a great swapper.
  • Options
    Coin swapping WILL CONTINUE and will be run as it should be. If anyone doubts that I will out you if I continually receive complaints, well I guess you can see that I keep my promises.

I do not write the common sense rules of coin swapping at the fore of each swap's thread for my health. This is supposed to be fun.

When I took over, things were in such a state of chaos that I did exactly as I am now. THIS IS NOT ROMPER ROOM.

Any new member WILL BE thoroughly screened before he or she is allowed to participate. I will have and verify all your information.

I do not make threats. I stand by my word and if anyone should think this is a place to come in, get nice things and disappear....I've got news for you. This is no game. Mail Fraud is a Felony.

I assure you, this place will be cleaned up and run right.

Peace,
    B00M image
  • Options
    Boom,
    Count me in for the next swap!
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    So does that mean a full cavity search? *Weeps* All I wanted to do was swap stuff!!
  • Options
    Leodinus, if you want to participate you will follow the guidelines just like everyone else. Before you participate you and all newcomers will be thoroughly screened by me. I need a REAL Name, a verifiable address and email address and to answer a standard regimen of questions. This is no laughing matter. I assure you.

PM CodyB and do as he has and then I will speak with you personally.
  • Options
    Well, well...just got another report on Louie. Seems he's trying to slip the banana to a genuinely nice member here....mojoman. According to what I've been told, Louie was sent some really nice coins from this kind hearted soul and in true Louie fashion he sent out some OK coins and some problematic junk. When asked about it he promised to make things right except now he will not even respond to Mojo's email. Louie has the coins and Mojo has what the cat covered!

You're a disgrace Louie and, oh by the way....you just happen to be guilty of a Federal Offense, namely Mail Fraud. You're a thief and if you do not come across.........well, we'll see what may transpire. Mojo is TOO nice and YOU are a 2 bit scammer. I can tolerate a lot of things but I CANNOT tolerate LIARS and THIEVES. If you have ANY decency in you at all, you'll at least give Mojo his coins back.

I suppose I'll have to get with Mojo and get all the documentation together, including email full of empty promises, and turn it over to the proper authorities. This is pitiful!!!
  • Options
    The nerve of that man, Coin collecting is peace, fun and never selfishness and I must SAY you are the BIGGEST Selfish person I have EVER seen.

I'm sorry but It's true....
    Mojoman is a very generous kind hearted man and you break him up after your foul doings.

SHAME on you!
    Want List
    Proud member of the CUFYNA
    Need a Banner Made? PM ME!
  • Options
    On Jan 12, I sent PCGS a PM requesting Louie be banned. He hasn't signed in since. I wonder if they banned him? He doesn't deserve to be on the boards the way he lies and steals.
  • Options
    Thanks Boom, Louie should have received the coins I returned to him,he has not answered any emails from me ,a little embarresed I am sure? I will let everone know how this works out,I just wish he would have learned from the past mistakes and made good on this swap , I wonder if he is on another site swapping all the bad Morgans,Ikes, etc?????? I know what I sent him,I would never send a cleaned coin or one that is f/xf full of marks for 16 BU roosies more than 3/4 had fb there was also some BU war nickels Later dated jeffersons I will keep the forum updated MoJo
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He sure got the best of more than a few.What took you guys so long to dump him?What a POS.
    Al
  • Options
    Louie update ,I sent the coins back to him with no response The package came back saying it could not be delivered?, MY MISTAKE I screwed up on the zip code ,I have since spoke with him and resent the items
    I am now waiting for him to keep his promise to make good on the items ,I will keep all informed . Take care,MoJo
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    Another update,Louis has received the items I returned, and has sent me a replacement proof ASE, I AM WAITING FOR IT NOW,He would like to join back in the forums ,I feel that he made things right with me(but the item is in the mail) he needs to contact the other members and take care of unfinished business with them,YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE image Please contact him and work out the details if it is posssible? I will let everyone know when it arrives. Take care. MoJoMaNimage
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    pendragon1998pendragon1998 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I will let everyone know when it arrives. Take care. MoJoMaNimage >>

Whatever happened with this?
  • Options
    Thank you for digging this up out of the archives. I see that nothing has changed about Louie OR his tactics.

Be forewarned. This just never seems to stop.
  • Options
    Maybe Mojo forgot to update? image

Or maybe Mojo is still waiting. image
  • Options
    Maybe.

It's a mystery, for sure.
  • Options
    NOTE** See that member, Leodonus or whatever? Check this out and just hoe close an outsider came to getting in and making off with goodies, not sending a thing and then disappearing forever.

Check it out!

Message Posts: 34

Last Visited On: March 12th, 2006 12:50 AM

Average Posts Per Day: 0.06

Click on his profile. ONE good thing has come of the New "System" (as far as I know cuz I'm STILL waiting on at LEAST a PAIR of swappers to post SOMETHING) This sort of crap stopped the moment we instituted havin everyones' info on file! image
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Once bitten- twice shy baby
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    I know my trading days with Louie are over, but just hoping for the best for Mojo.

BTW- Louie is all over the place looking for trades, usually using his email address. JIC.
  • Options

Hi Everyone,I have been gone for a week and just got home yesterday,just trying to catch up on everything,300+ emails and some PM's from Louie
    I hope this explains everything? if not Please let me know.

Thursday February 23, 2006 7:51 PM

Another update,Louis has received the items I returned, and has sent me a replacement proof ASE, I AM WAITING FOR IT NOW,He would like to join back in the forums ,I feel that he made things right with me(but the item is in the mail) he needs to contact the other members and take care of unfinished business with them,YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE Please contact him and work out the details if it is posssible? I will let everyone know when it arrives. Take care. MoJoMaN

<< <i>Text >>

<< <i>Whatever happened with this? >>

07/14/07
    I aplogize to everyone,I thought I did post that I recived the proof ASE from Louie,I thought I mentioned it to Boom? "But I should have posted that I was satisfied and that our swap was completed"my fault and I aplogize to the members for this

Now if everyone reads what has been posted from the past threads this is important>
    On The offical swaps, I ended up with Louie a few times ,He was fair on those 2 of 3 swaps and he did make it up with the Proof ASE.
    Again I hope this clears up things?
    As far as everybody else that have dealt with Louie it seems like he wants to work it out and make up for it?That is up to you and you alone,I do not know how many people have dealt with him and felt cheated? but I feel if the Man is admitting his mistakes and wants to make good on them by all means let him, maybe put him on probation?I do not have the answer here and it is not my place to judge anyone,but actions speak louder than words> JMO

On a positive note, 99% of all the swaps I have been in, have been Great "THE FEW THAT HAVE NOT BEEN SO GREAT"are MY FAULT and MY FAULT alone for not letting my swap partner know I was not satisfied, but I feel that the people that I swapped with here have more experiance than me and know what is fair,I just did not want to make waves at the time,If anyone remembers I have been going thru some tuff times ? I have been suffering from chronic back pain,migrains,for years and recently found out (thru pre-op testing for back surgury)I had thyroid cancer, I have had 3 operations in the first 3 months of this year 1 on my back 2 to remove my thyroid and everything WAS going great and I was recovering better than expected, now I have a minor set back,my back is worse than before, a fusion is what they say I need nowimage the thyroid cancer operations I had(2)they thought they got it all out ,but I just went thru another radioactive iodine treatment again, now I wait to see if it worked and I am having problems with the insurance companys image I have been paying for all my medication and appointments out of my pocket until they figure out who pays for what?I had to get my attorney involved in this matter image
    As far as why I do not get into anymore swaps, I have been selling my coins to pay for all this, I try to buy low and sell to make a few extra dollars, it all helps,I do not want to make this sound like a "pity party" it is just the facts I just do not have the extra coins to swap and I do not think anybody would like to see the swap coins listed on ebay lol,I appreciated all the kind words and support I recived from the members here and I THANK YOU image and just to let everyone know, any coins I have won in a giveaway all go to my Grandson Tyler, they have never been sold and will not be,I put them in his BOX which is now at his Mothers house if they get mailed to me I send them to her, some of you have mailed then to himimage he loves getting coins in the mail
    Anyways I hope this clears up my dealings with Louie and why I do not get into any swaps, I pray that in the future things will be back to normal around here and I can be more active on the forum. GOD BLESS ALL AND TAKE CARE,MoJo

Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    Gosh, and I thought I had it rough with this ruptured eardrum. Mojoman, sorry to hear of the difficulties you've been going through, hope your health improves!
    Exclusively collecting Capped Bust Halves in VF to AU, especially rarity 3 and up.
    Joe G.
    Great BST purchases completed with commoncents123, p8nt, blu62vette and Stuart. Great coin swaps completed with rah1959, eyoung429 and Zug. Top-notch consignment experience with Russ.
  • Options
    Please see the newest thread written 08-01-2007, by me regarding this issue.

Thanx,

BOOM
  • Options
    Louie, of his own accord, approached me with an air of "compunction" about him that struck me as truly being Genuine. With whatever tid-bits of information provided me he has made ammends with bgman, aija, mojoman and me. This is a HUGE step and you now have made ammends with at least 4 people. I congratulate you on having the guts to step up the way you have.

I think it only fair that I should hereby state for the record that he has cleared the air with me. He sent to me a nice Uncirculated 1945 WLH and a CH BU - MS 64 1923 Peace Dollar. Louie, this is fine and I appreciate you doing what you felt you must.

I am willing to give anyone a Second Chance however, to clarify, this is strictly the way I feel concerning swaps with Louie. I speak only for MYSELF. It has come to light that some no longer care to discuss any possibility of Reconciliation with you.

I have NO IDEA what all you've done. My #1 Priority is the Good of the Whole. I cannot FORCE people to "Do" anything. This rests squarely on your shoulders.

I am NOT in a position to take it upon myself to re-instate you. This apparently is going to take some time.
    All I CAN do is ask the Majority and put it to a Vote. Truly. I wish you all the best. If nothing else comes of this, you at least have Peace of Mind knowing you tried and for this, I do applaud you.
  • Options
    And who precisely is supposed to "vote"?
    By PM or publicly?
  • Options
    I need to create a new thread in which all Charter Members of Our Swap Club may cast their votes in privacy via PM to me or private email ... which I will forward to at least 2 other hand-picked Charter Members so that they can testify that we all have witnessed the same votes, cast by .... etc.

If anyone cares to voice his or her position publicly, the thread to come (or this one) would be/ could be a nice venue.

Unofficially, aija, you have said how you feel both publicly and in private. ALL that choose the Private route are assured anonimity as NEITHER I NOR whomever helps count & verify said votes is to mention No ones' Names unless so stipulated by the Voter.

Besides you, aija, I DO have on record, another Charter Member's Vote.

Bear in mind Louie's own words. He stated, via PM, in which he authorized me to share with everyone, that he IS NOT asking to be reinstated at Present! I think it fair however that since I had to be the One to suspend his privileges for the Good of The Club, that the reverse process should ALSO be initiated by me.

In a recent post I state that I, personally, have NO PROBLEM, swapping with him in a 1 on 1 situation, yet am not the sole voice here. Others have equal right to be heard.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe Mojoman has also had his say...... publicly.

An un-Named Charter Member has made his sentiment known to me as have several others..... IN PRIVATE.

Besides via PM, maybe we can come up with an Official Poll. There IS NO RUSH here.

Louie has done what he sought to do .... to begin making things right with people he has wronged or feels he has wronged, inviting them to step foward, asking Nothing in return. He is to be commended as such, IMHO.
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭
    Besides you, aija, I DO have on record, another Charter Member's Vote.

That charter member would be me, I would NOT trade with Louie either, although he has not done anything to me personally, I had a bad experience in a swap with a former member, Kingpin. That as all I need to know. I am a trusted swap partner and expect nothing less from someone I am participating with. I believe in giving everyone a second chance, but a third and a forth?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! HELL NO!

TorinoCobra71
  • Options
    Boom,

Just set-up a poll thread here.

I do believe it is totally private & once you vote you cannot vote again (unless you have an alt. image )

Boom, you can send invitations to voting members so you'll know (& make public?) how many votes should be cast.
    If the number of votes exceeds the number of invitations, then the vote will be voided.

If members care to express their opinion on how they voted, that would be the venue.

Agreed?