Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

wrongbacks/errors or whatever you wanna call them..

does anybody here have any interest in these?

going through a box i had stashed away for years, i found 15 "wrongbacks" from 1987, 88 & 89 Topps baseball and 1 1990 bowman baseball.. heh..

i have no idea how the hell i even came to own these..

theyre all commons, with the closest thing to "star" being:

a 1988 Topps Rob Deer w/Tom GLavine rookie on the back..

and a 1989 Topps Jim Sundberg w/John Smoltz rookie on the back..

dont laugh..

seriously, i have no need for these cards, if anyone here wants them, please feel free to make any offer..
·p_A·

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    don't think they're worth too much - although they are definitely fun oddities! Even the Schmidt wrongbacks that I occassionally pick up are for under $5 apiece. Good stuff, though=

m
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Perry - is there a Brett Butler w/b in there?

Geordie
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    Geordie,

sorry, no brett butler.. image .. besides the 2 i mentioned, there's also:

1987 topps
    ---
    joel skinner/ernie whitt
    dennis leonard/terry fatster
    wayne tolleson/jeff hamilton
    scott nielsen/tony armas

1988 topps
    ---
    dale sveum/floyd bannister
    dan plesac/cincinnati reds team
    john cerutti/bob melvin
    greg brock/floyd youmans
    henry cotto/john morris
    tom brookens/bob walk

1989 topps
    ---
    danny tartabull/hipolita pena
    mark thurmond/mike campbell

1990 bowman
    ---
    lee stevens/bill pecota

.. as you can see, there is quite the collection of superstars and future HOFers in there.. image

if anybody wants one, let me know..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    When I first got back into the game in 2000, I came upon a lot of 1979fb. There were a few blankbacks and actually I was using Beckett at the time and I got a BVG 9 Ted Hendricks blank back. I bested it out when I finally switched over to PSA and submitted it only to find they don't grade that stuff. Grrrrrr. So I have it somewhere but I did sell quite a few other BVG 9 79fb blank backs for quite a bit back then but I held onto the Hendricks because I thought the rarity of these and a HOFer would surely go up in value. Guess not.

Back in those days was shortly after BVG started and I also sold a 79 Staubach BVG 9 for $250. I don't think PSA 9's quite go for that these days.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    pandrews, I'm not sure what to offer up cardwise but I am intrested. Danny Tartabull and Dale Sveum rule.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I collect 1982 Topps Baseball blankbacks if anyone has any!
  • Options
    Looking for 1989 Fleer Wrong back/front blank front/back of Bill Ripken #616 if anyone has any. Or other oddities/rarities of 89 Fleer FF cards.
    Thanks,Donovan
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Pandrews--do you still have these wrongbacks?
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    I forget the year, but i have a late 80's early 90's Bonds card with David Cone on the back.
    Scott

T206's are always being bought.

aloof1003@comcast.net
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Pandrews--do you still have these wrongbacks? >>

no, they're gone.. sorry..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    If anyones interested I have

1988 Topps Tom Brookens F/Paul Molitor B IGS 7
    1988 Topps Paul Molitor F/ Tom Brookens B IGS 8
    seems rare to have both

15 common players 1987 Topps Blank Front Baseball

2 cards on each panel uncut O Pee Chee
    1988 nichols/Broddicker Blank Back creases
    1989 Cotto/Fletcher has back

imageimageimage
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    I've got kicking around somewhere about a dozen cards where the front is 1979 Topps baseball but 1978 Topps baseball backs. Again, probably just a fluky thing that I can't imagine being worth anything. Anyone seen these before though?
  • Options
    that sounds really unusual, you should dig those cards up and scan 'em!
  • Options

<< <i>I've got kicking around somewhere about a dozen cards where the front is 1979 Topps baseball but 1978 Topps baseball backs. Again, probably just a fluky thing that I can't imagine being worth anything. Anyone seen these before though? >>

Wow thats odd. I have seen some baseball front with football backs as Topps printed off site some years same with Fleer in 1989. Interesting cards. Someone will want those. Also seen Mork and Mindy front with baseball backs.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I have a Mike Schmidt card that has a wrong back from a different year [I think it is the 1979/1978 thing...]

M
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options

Are you guys still monitoring this chain? I have a 1979 George Foster with 1978 Dave Winfield back. Have no idea if it’s worth anything but as a Winfield collector I snagged it like 30 yrs ago

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still have a few Cal Jr. blank backs from different years and companies. i used to build
    Topps sets for Al Rosen (Mr.Mint,) and some other dealers. Bought 50 cases of rack packs
    in 1985. They were loaded with blank backs, 2-3 in some raks. Saved several that were
    showing on the back. Same thing happened with cellos in 1987. Good times. I bought
    mostly vending cases for set building but toward the end of the season (August-September)
    Topps would offer me two for one or three for one on racks and cellos with free shipping.