Home U.S. Coin Forum

New Purchases - Morgan and Peace VAMs - Top 100, Top 50, and more

Went to the Parsippany NJ show today. Didn't have any money, so I brought some raw common date Morgans and sold them (mostly MS63, a couple MS64). Went through lots and lots of raw Morgan and Peace dollars searching for unattributed VAMs. Found several and left with more money than I brought with me.
Don't have much show experience, and I don't know how you guys do it. I left with a splitting headache. It's time for bifocals.

Picked up....
two 1900-P VAM 11's (Top 100),
1886-P VAM 1A (Top 100),
1899-O VAM 4 micro o (Top 100),
1921-P 3A1 spike tail feathers,
1921-D 1i,
1921-D 1BN (this matches my Discovery coin),
1921-S 1F,
1922-D VAM 1D with a nice break at the Y and it's in a PCGS MS64 holder,
1923-P 1F Chin Bar (Top 50),
23-D 1'o' that looks MS64.

Also have a 1923-S Peace dollar I can't identify. Two chips touching her hair; one near the R and one below the Y; long crack from IN to Y.

Check out this 21-P Morgan with a grease filled die. It's missing most of the "1" and four right stars!

Comments

• Cool 21 Norm, I likeimage

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Always fun to cherry some nice coins... We never said we DIDN'T get a headache when looking at 1000 coins....... image
    What's the chin bar grade.....
  • The Chin Bar looks AU58 to me, which means it's probably AU50 to MS62.

I'm trying to take some photos of a 23-S and a 22-D that I can't figure out.
  • wam98wam98 Posts: 2,685
    Wayne
  • Norm,
    Love the 21 Filled die! Its missing tons of details. I bought one once off ebay that was missing the same 1... it had been mechanically filed off (quite obvous once I received it image ). Yours looks like the real thing. Congrats!
    Great finds on the other coins as well. The 23 VAM-1o is a really great coin. Is it a early or late die state? My one example is kinda EDS. I've seen nicer ones with later breaks on the shouder than the one in my collection.

Keep up the good pickin'

Rob
    Rob Joyce - Dollar Variety / VAM Collector
    http://www.vamworld.com
    and
    http://www.rjrc.com
  • Thanks Rob. I think my 23-D 1o is also a bit EDS. I took some quick photos. Lighting is harse. I'll let the experts judge the die state. This is the first 1'o' I've ever seen. Would also appreciate opinions on grade.

• Nice...... I had one in PCGS 4... posted it here about a year ago... not much premium in it........... yet.. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file