Home Sports Talk
Options

Giants BAD

i expected them to win. it was lousy game to watch....i imagine it was brutal for their fans. i'll bet lots turned it off.

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    3 picks by Eli...giants 'defense' got blasted by a Carolina running game that just couldn't be stopped.

And the giants get shut out? icky.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep telling you all...young quarterbacks lose playoff games! There are rare exceptions but overall this is fact.

That being said...I thought possibly Manning in this game would be another exception...uh, no exception.

Wonder if Grossman be an exception next week?
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Mannings lose playoff games too. It's encoded in their DNA. Peyton will get his turn next week.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    So much for the Manning Super Bowl !!!
  • Options
    We stunk it up today, but I think that Panthers are just a dam good team. Better than us by a mile.
  • Options
    i thought the giants would win today - they sure had me fooled. i woke up to see some of the 2nd half, i saw manning complete more passes to the carolina secondary than his own receivers.
  • Options

<< <i>Mannings lose playoff games too. It's encoded in their DNA. Peyton will get his turn next week. >>

Except Archie. He never made the playoffs (that I can remember)!!!
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Good point. I didn't think Papa Manning ever made it to the playoffs, but was too lazy to look it up.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Truly a disappointing game to watch -- I thought the Panthers would win, but by a field goal, touchdown tops. It makes me wonder how well Couglin prepared them -- they were SHUT DOWN in all phases at Giants Stadium!! Tiki Barber was neutralized, Manning was ineffective. FUGLY!!
  • Options

<< <i>Mannings lose playoff games too. It's encoded in their DNA. >>

payton never beat florida in college

never one the "big game" then either (they got a national championship the year AFTER he left)

never even won the state in high school!

Highly OVERATED!
  • Options
    As a pure passer, some may give the edge to manning over Brady.
    But check out their playoff stats side by side. Brady wins by a mile.
    With 2 minutes left, down by 6, who would you want as QB?image
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options

<< <i>check out their playoff stats side by side. Brady wins by a mile.
    With 2 minutes left, down by 6, who would you want as QB?image >>

Brady

no question

• Options
    Forget about the Manning brothers, next year it will be the Vick brothers! They always "stomp" their competition!!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that Manning stepped it up a few times during the regular season. I thought he being a player who seemingly thrived in tough situations, might step it up again in a playoff game. Someday perhaps he will, but he sure didn't today. I still think he's going to be a very good quarterback in the NFL, and considering he's in the same division as the Eagles, I hope I am wrong.