Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

The Jack and Bobby Show

We're not talking about JFK and RFK ! Yes folks we are talking about Jack Lee and Bobby Hughues.Betwen the two of them they bought more than half the Heritage sale of Lincoln cents.Jack Lee has just sold almost $10,000,000 worth of silver dollars and now he is selling as well as collecting Lincoln cents.Bobby Hughues (First American Numismatics) must have at least one new customer because hew has to sell his newly purchased 1926 s Lincoln in a PCGS ms 65 red holder for more than $150,000.

Yes folks it was a game of smoke and mirrors.Jack running Bobby Hughues but much more often Bob Hughues running Jack Lee.Like I said money has NO VALUE.Is Bob Hughues playing with a full deck ? Is he a Lincoln cent genius ? Was the 26 s in 65 red an upgrade ? Where was Queen Velveeta ? She likes to play with the Big Boyz.
I have to say Jack Lee is a very nice man.He is friendly and Very Very passionate about his coins.I do like him very much and wish him well.

Stewart

Comments

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting auction report. Think I'll take a front row seat and wait for some return volleys.

roadrunner

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭
    > when GEM Bust material is cheaper and not as hot as a damn Lincoln penny!

A fact of life. Accept it. How many of us grew up with Bust material and how many of us grew up with Red Lincoln pennies image
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • Options
    A fact of life for now, and it is accepted for now. But gem bust stuff will eventually win the race.

roadrunner
  • Options

BTW, the Bobby and Jack show is really cute, you should have seen the way Bobby looked at Jack during the sale......

I saw that look as well and I guess you could have said it was "cute", but the "cute" ended there!! There was nothing cute about taking two days out of my practice, flying all the way down there, and watching these two bid each other up.

Jack

• Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I never thought I'd see the day when GEM Bust material is cheaper and not as hot as a damn Lincoln penny! >>

Back to the future!!!!

That was the state of the market in the late 1960's to early 1970's when Lincoln cents were the darlings of the coin market!!! Boy, do I remember those days!!! Lincoln cents and washington quarters were the big boys in those days while mercury dimes, walkers, etc slept in a relative sense. True, all 19th century liberty seated coinage as well as 50c 25c 10c 5c bust coinage was more appreciated back in 1969 than today.

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭
    I saw Stewart buy one coin.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭

<< <i>BTW, the Bobby and Jack show is really cute, you should have seen the way Bobby looked at Jack during the sale......

I saw that look as well and I guess you could have said it was "cute", but the "cute" ended there!! There was nothing cute about taking two days out of my practice, flying all the way down there, and watching these two bid each other up.

Jack >>

Next time hire Laura to bid for you and at least if you don't buy anthing make a few thousand bucks working. image
  • Options
    Oreville, I remember getting a 1924-d cent in VF for Christmas around 1964. It cost around $25 back then. Worth the same today.
    At that same time you could have bought 5 Red UNC Indian cents and a couple of BU Barber dimes no problem. Yes, those Lincs were the rage. Took 35 years to erase all those bad memories from everyone's psyche.

roadrunner
  • Options
    All I can do is nod my head. Enholm in the short term wins again. All you need is TWO ego's going against each other, and BOOOM: the seller wins. If there was only one, what would those coins have gone for???

The Accumulator - Dark Lloyd of the Sith

• Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

imageimage

Overture, curtains, lights,
    This is it, the night of nights
    No more rehearsing and nursing a part
    We know every part by heart

Overture, curtains, lights
    This is it, you'll hit the heights
    And oh what heights we'll hit
    On with the show this is it

Tonight what heights we'll hit
    On with the show this is it

imageimage
    Doug
  • Options
    a039a039 Posts: 1,546
    Not on the eagle golden Will we behold his face Nor yet on gleaming silver The honored features trace
  • Options
    SandhawkSandhawk Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

This is almost as good as the OF - but not quite......................

imageimage