Home Sports Talk
Options

Tampa Gay Smelly Pirate Hooker Non-Existent Domination Ends

Pretenders with no QB.

WHACK!!!!!

Gruden: "Thank you Coach Gibbs, may I have another?"

Hey, how about that powerhouse NFC South huh?

Congrats and thanks to Gibbs, the Redskins and their fans. The rest of the NFC East will be pulling for you. image

Comments

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> The rest of the NFC East will be pulling for you. image >>

Not the "REST" of the NFC East image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

True.

Good luck to the Giants too!
  • Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    I must admit, the ( Caddy on its way to Detroit ) picture/logo was quite clever and well done. Nice tie-in with the rookie running back and luxury car made in Detroit.

For this year at least, the Bucs and Cadillac must buy tickets to get to the Super Bowl in Detroit.

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.
  • Options

I'll hit you so hard your Daddy will say "ouch."

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bye-Bye Bucs! Gruden can't get into a Super Bowl with a team unless it's handed to him on a silver platter like Tony Dungy did.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>I'll hit you so hard your Daddy will say "ouch."

image >>

That about says it all - Washington's defense was the star of the show tonight.
  • Options
    I will post the excuses now so JS doesn't have to crawl out from the woodshed.

The refs killed us!
    If it wasn't for the 2 turnovers... we would've killed them!

feel free to add moreimage
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    Never has control of the ball.

• Options

<< <i>Never has control of the ball. >>

imageimage
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    In the days prior to the 'ground can't cause a fumble' it's likely he would have been credited with a touchdown.

As it was, they shouldn't have been forced to rely on one play to get things done...congrats to the redskins (even though they are going to get smoked in Seattle next week).

• Options
    It's pretty clear that he didn't catch that ball - but it was a heck of a throw by Simms. I can't imagine Bucs fans saying that call cost them the game, since it was clear he never really controlled the ball at all before it hit the ground.

Mark Brunell passed for 41 yards, and the Skins still won. That's gotta hurt.
  • Options
    I really thought it was a catch. He made 2 steps before hitting the ground. If it had been a play on the sideline, I think they would have ruled it a catch.

JMO, I wasn't rooting for either team.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just dont know how you can lose to a team that generates 122 yards of offense? Man they really suck
  • Options
    From the Tampa Tribune blog -

Posted by mitch, st pete on 01/08 at 08:46 AM

10 -points?!?!?!?!?!? Dungy gave you that and he was run out of town?

Posted by jae lawrence, tamap on 01/08 at 02:47 AM

The Bucs should have won the game, but Grudens play calling was atrocious. The Bucs have the personnel to go all the way, but Gruden idiotic play calling cost them the game. Best bet for next year would be keep the personnel intact and get rid of Gruden and we will see a superbowl next year.

Posted by Chucky can't hold Joe Gibbs, DC Your Nations Capital on 01/08 at 12:22 AM

Hard to believe your fan base would have thought that your regular season victory meant something since your cheated then...we beat your butt then and did it more conclusively today.....just because your are in FL doesn’t mean that some people from DC and MD know how to play football...thanks to all your fans to selling your playoff tickets to us for a minor premium and how can you have a public sale of playoff tickets if you are truly a team that is followed by the masses, we have a hard understanding that up north in the state of Spurrier and all your state continues to say about Florida football; although we thank you for your hospitality as we bought out your stadium and the environs of Dale Mabry...shame you don’t know how much we know about your metro area when you try to act you are a national player with your team

Posted by Chad, Tampa on 01/07 at 10:44 PM

Thank God the overrated Bucs lost today. Now we can finally enjoy the playoffs!!!!

Posted by smegma, Fort Myers on 01/07 at 10:43 PM

Wah, wah, wah!

can we blame the refs more?

Posted by Paul, Austin, Texas on 01/07 at 10:08 PM

Does it bother you folks in Tampa Bay that after Simms throws a game ending interception he walks off the field smiling? And it’s always “My team.” This is why maybe three people at the University of Texas liked the guy and that’s why Major Applewhite started, and won, the Holiday Bowl his senior year. Simms would throw a touchdown and stand in the middle of the field with his arms out as if to say “Look at me.” Major would throw a touchdown and run up to his offensive lineman and thank each one of them individually.

Your comment about free agency and salary caps is well taken. There is no team loyalty any more. Consider the Steelers and Cowboys of the 70s and the Redskins and 49ers of the 80s. A lot of Super Bowl victories there. I submit that if you look at their rosters at the beginning of those decades and then at the end you will see they are about 80% the same.

Posted by Icedog00, Tampa on 01/07 at 10:05 PM

Gotta love the offense-minded Gruden. He SUCKS! He is just waiting for Dungy to move on so he can take the Colts to the Superbowl. I am Buc fan since birth and we didn’t deserve to go any further. Skins fan, enjoy your win, Seattle will crush you, as they would us had we somehow pulled this game out of our A**. The better coach won..

Posted by S. Dean, Tampa, FL on 01/07 at 09:56 PM

We in Tampa have been sold a bill of good on Gruden’s supposed “offensive brilliance.” I don’t see it. Instead, I see a coach too stubborn to be flexible enough to adjust to the circumstances of the game. He insists on repeatedly running Cadillac when everyone knows he is going to and it clearly isn’t working. He refuses to put Simms in the shot gun when the ball continuously gets tipped because the offensive line can’t hold any one off. Simms is continously running for his life, yet not once has Gruden put him in the shot gun to gain him time and perspective. And, his play calling is unimaginative, repetitive, predictable and frankly, the weak link. There were bad breaks in the game, of course, but the difference was what is always the difference when the Bucs play a well-coached team. Gruden, full of himself and unwilling to bend, gets outcoached and outclassed.

Posted by Mike, Stafford, VA on 01/07 at 09:18 PM

Gibbs and Gruden each got what they deserved. Gibbs is a champion and first class act, while Gruden is obnoxious. He would be better as the Buc’s mascot.

• Options

<< <i>I just dont know how you can lose to a team that generates 122 yards of offense? Man they really suck >>

• Options
    Fan blogs are really not the best indicator of what's happening.

Where were these clowns when Gruden was winning a super bowl? Oh that's right, they were proclaiming him as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Yet he takes a team that NOBODY picked to do anything this year, gets them a division crown, and suddenly Gruden sucks?

These 'fans' are clowns.
  • Options

<< <i>Does it bother you folks in Tampa Bay that after Simms throws a game ending interception he walks off the field smiling? And it’s always “My team.” This is why maybe three people at the University of Texas liked the guy and that’s why Major Applewhite started, and won, the Holiday Bowl his senior year. Simms would throw a touchdown and stand in the middle of the field with his arms out as if to say “Look at me.” Major would throw a touchdown and run up to his offensive lineman and thank each one of them individually.
    >>

Interesting quote. Never realized Simms had that rep.
  • Options

<< <i>
    Interesting quote. Never realized Simms had that rep. >>

I've never heard that criticism of Simms before...and where were these fools complaining when Simms was winning games?

It's hillarious to read these so-called fans jumping ship on players and coaches because of a playoff loss. Simms started his first playoff game, with a rookie RB and not a full season of starts, and had the team in a position to tie the game in the final minutes. Yet all you hear are these whiny babies complain.

After I initially thought the Bucs would win 8 at the most, this season has been a very pleasant surprise. It'll be interesting to see what happens next year.