Home Sports Talk
Options

Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick was dismissed from the team Friday

theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
Hokies end ties with troubled QB Vick

Associated Press

RICHMOND, Va. -- Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick was dismissed from the team Friday, the result of numerous legal transgressions and his unsportsmanlike conduct in the Toyota Gator Bowl.

AP/Phil Coale
Marcus Vick, eluding a Louisville defender in the Gator Bowl, stepped on the leg of another Cardinal player who tackled him in the first half.
University president Charles Steger announced the dismissal on the same day that coach Frank Beamer met with Vick and his mother in their Hampton Roads home, the school said. Beamer informed them of the decision during the meeting.

Vick, the younger brother of Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, was suspended from school in 2004 for several legal problems. The junior came under new and intense scrutiny this week after replays showed he stomped on the left calf of Louisville All-American defensive end Elvis Dumervil during the Jan. 2 bowl.

No penalty was called on the play and Vick claimed its was accidental. He further hurt his cause by claiming to have apologized to Dumervil, but the Louisville player said no such apology was ever offered.

On Friday, it was revealed that Vick had been stopped for speeding and driving with a revoked or suspended license in Hampton on Dec. 17. Vick's license had been taken away last year when he was cited for reckless driving and marijuana possession in New Kent County.

Steger suspended Vick from school at that time, and warned that any additional problems would effectively end his time as a member of the Hokies' football team.

"The university provided one last opportunity for Vick to become a citizen of the university and readmitted him in January 2005, with the proviso that any future problems would result in automatic dismissal from the team," Steger said Friday.

Beamer said in a statement that he was disappointed with the outcome.

"I'm very disappointed that this didn't have a better ending," Beamer said in a statement. "We wanted what's best for this football team and Marcus. I certainly wish him the best."

School officials said in a statement that there would be no further comment until a news conference on Saturday. Beamer, Steger and athletic director Jim Weaver, who said the stomping embarrassed the university, were all expected to attend.

Where have you gone Dave Vargha
CU turns its lonely eyes to you
What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
hey hey hey

Comments

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    I just read this. Good for Va Tech that they took this stance.
  • Options
    http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/colleges/13567657.htm

he was First kicked out of school (following arrest for Wreckless Driving and POT Possession!)

then, he was kicked off the team!

(wonder how fast FSU will sign him for QB of the Criminioles? ) image

• Options

<< <i>http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/colleges/13567657.htm

he was First kicked out of school (following arrest for Wreckless Driving and POT Possession!)

then, he was kicked off the team!

(wonder how fast FSU will sign him for QB of the Criminioles? ) image >>

FSU already has a locker space reserved for him

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    and joestalin jumps in the air as the criminoles take in yet another con, telling us all how we just don't understand him and he just needed a second, err third, oops I meant fourth (or was it fifth?) chance.

It'll be interesting to see (a) what school takes him and (b) if he has a future in the nfl.

This guy has darryl strawberry written all over him.
  • Options
    Is it entirely improbable that Vick the Younger could end up in the draft? Especially if Vince Young stays with Texas?
    Kobe Who? image At least Dwyane pays proper respect to Da Big Aristotle image

Yes, I collect shiny modern crap image

All your Shaq are belong to me image
  • Options

<< <i>Is it entirely improbable that Vick the Younger could end up in the draft? Especially if Vince Young stays with Texas? >>

first, VY is gone. no doubt about it (or we find out he is the DUMBEST person on the Planet!)

second,
    Marcus Vick is not that good, but might get invited to a camp and make it as a backup
    (or get cut like marice clerett.......and see how he turned out)

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< Is it entirely improbable that Vick the Younger could end up in the draft? >>>

Whoa - an NFL team drafting a QUARTERBACK (the heart of the offense and usually the heart of most winning NFL teams) like this who has an attitude problem? That is a very bad idea. If drafted at all he will go really, really low.
  • Options
    Yeah he'll enter the draft...the CFL draft
  • Options
    vick will get drafted in the 5th or 6th

lienart,vince young, omar jacobs, marcus vick..
  • Options
    maruice clarrett jr.
    Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    there won't be a team desperate enough to draft this clown...he may go in to some teams' camps as a free agent, but he won't be getting drafted.

• Options
    wherever he plays, i hope he has a bullseye on him. i've never wished for a player to get hurt, but i'll make an exception here...
  • Options

<< <i>there won't be a team desperate enough to draft this clown...he may go in to some teams' camps as a free agent, but he won't be getting drafted. >>

he will get drafted by raiders, they love the fastest players at their respective postions.
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    RCGUY may well be correct.....north to Canada. Will snow shoes slow down his running game though?

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options

<< <i>wherever he plays, i hope he has a bullseye on him. i've never wished for a player to get hurt, but i'll make an exception here... >>

• Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    This punk will not get drafted. He will not make a team out of training camp. He will fade away into depression until we see him on the news being led out of a $15 short stay motel with a crack pipe and 2 hookers. Just my opinion !
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

<< <i>This punk will not get drafted. He will not make a team out of training camp. He will fade away into depression until we see him on the news being led out of a $15 short stay motel with a crack pipe and 2 hookers. Just my opinion ! >>

he and maruice clarrett will start a gangsta Rap group next year, recording their own album with money he borrows from his brother Michael

it sells 185 copies world wide.

they both die in a hail of bullets in a Tupac / Biggie style shooting orchestrated by a rival musician

it is later discovered the rival musician is barry manilow! image

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>there won't be a team desperate enough to draft this clown...he may go in to some teams' camps as a free agent, but he won't be getting drafted. >>

he will get drafted by raiders, they love the fastest players at their respective postions. >>

I think he will get drafted as well, by the Raiders or some other desperate losing team.

Some reward for being kicked out of Va Tech -- no more school and a few million dollars!! Still I got to think that Michael Vick is embarssed by his little brother's antics.
  • Options

<< <i>Still I got to think that Michael Vick is embarssed by his little brother's antics. >>

You mean Ron Mexico can be embarassed?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Still I got to think that Michael Vick is embarssed by his little brother's antics. >>

You mean Ron Mexico can be embarassed? >>

Who's Ron Mexico??
  • Options

<< <i>
    Who's Ron Mexico?? >>

PRIL 5--Claiming that Michael Vick gave her herpes, a Georgia woman is suing the star NFL quarterback for negligence and battery. According to the below lawsuit, Sonya Elliot, a 26-year-old health care worker, was infected with the sexually transmitted disease in April 2003 after an unprotected encounter with Vick at the athlete's Duluth, Georgia home. Elliott alleges that after testing positive for Herpes Simplex 2, she confronted the Atlanta Falcons star, 24, about her condition. "I've got something to tell you. I've got it," Vick admitted to her, according to Elliott's State Court complaint, which alleges that Vick then told her that "he had not known how to tell her about his condition, and that it was not something that he liked to talk about." Elliott's complaint also contends that Vick "apologized profusely" for not telling her he was infected with the STD. Elliot's lawsuit alleges that Vick has used the name "Ron Mexico" and, in a related court filing, her lawyers are seeking Vick's admission that he used the "Mexico" alias--and perhaps other fake names--"for the purpose of herpes testing and/or treatment."
  • Options

<< <i>alleges that Vick then told her that "he had not known how to tell her about his condition... >>

I hear that he tried to tell her while she was bent over waiting for him to call the snap, but his mouthpiece got in the way. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Who's Ron Mexico?? >>

PRIL 5--Claiming that Michael Vick gave her herpes, a Georgia woman is suing the star NFL quarterback for negligence and battery. According to the below lawsuit, Sonya Elliot, a 26-year-old health care worker, was infected with the sexually transmitted disease in April 2003 after an unprotected encounter with Vick at the athlete's Duluth, Georgia home. Elliott alleges that after testing positive for Herpes Simplex 2, she confronted the Atlanta Falcons star, 24, about her condition. "I've got something to tell you. I've got it," Vick admitted to her, according to Elliott's State Court complaint, which alleges that Vick then told her that "he had not known how to tell her about his condition, and that it was not something that he liked to talk about." Elliott's complaint also contends that Vick "apologized profusely" for not telling her he was infected with the STD. Elliot's lawsuit alleges that Vick has used the name "Ron Mexico" and, in a related court filing, her lawyers are seeking Vick's admission that he used the "Mexico" alias--and perhaps other fake names--"for the purpose of herpes testing and/or treatment." >>

Oh, I had forgotten about that -- thought is was bogus when I heard it, but did not read any details on it. Yeeech!!!

BTW, you think Kobe was guilty of rape? I think 70/30 he was only guilty of infidelity. If he was guilty of rape, he had some damn good attorneys coercing the settlement out of the plaintiff!

• Options

<< <i>
    BTW, you think Kobe was guilty of rape? I think 70/30 he was only guilty of infidelity. If he was guilty of rape, he had some damn good attorneys coercing the settlement out of the plaintiff! >>

Rape victims go through an absolute wringer when they come forward with allegations - it's why so few victims actually press charges. I can't imagine it was anything but hell for her. Not saying she didn't have her faults, but it really seemed that Kobe was over a barrel.

• Options

I believe that she agreed to have sex, but did not agree with the type of sex he desired (ala the no no spot) and he then forced her.
  • Options
    back to Vick, he was arrested today for brandishing a firearm in front of some teens in VA.

What a loser.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>back to Vick, he was arrested today for brandishing a firearm in front of some teens in VA.

What a loser. >>

Just read that.

He is Maurice Clarett JR!!!!image
  • Options

<< <i>He is Maurice Clarett JR!!!!image >>

not sure he is nearly even that smart!