Home Sports Talk
Options

Albert Belle for the HOF

kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
What does everyone think? I look at Belle like Kirby Puckett. One of the most dangerous hitters of his era who got cut down in his prime by a sudden injury. From what I have seen, there is not a poll out there that has him making it and I would have to attribute this to his personality (he was not Mr. Sunshine). Does anyone see him ever making it in?
Travis

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    NO

while he did have some outstanding years anyone that would chase down kids for knocking on his door on halloween deserves to be in the hall of shame not the hall of fame.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comparing him to Puckett is a pretty big stretch. Belle had tons of power, but Puckett was a tremendous all-around player, a team leader and a winner.

Belle was a slightly below average fielder and a complete pain in the a$$. He could really hit the ball though.

To me the HOF is about a lot more than ability and statistics, character has got to come into play. In Belle's case I would vote NO!

JoeBanzai
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    I'm the only one that has voted yes. I just look at the numbers and think how can a guy that basicly played 10 seasons and put up those numbers not be in? I don't really care to sit down and analyze all the stats.

I know that not many people agree with him getting in and that's fine. I won't lose any sleep over Joey not getting in but he was awesome.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did he go by "Albert" and not Joey....Maybe cause he was a freak? And an a$$hole and everything else that is wrong with a succesfull dirtbag.
  • Options
    Belle , no way.... Puckett of course he is a HOF, even if he turned into the Black Pillsbury Doughboy, and like to touch the hineys...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options

<< <i>and like to touch the hineys... >>

And give interesting Christmas gifts.

Here you go honey, they were out of D batteries so you'll have to make a trip to Walgreens.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    If they put the surly Belle in the Hall, and not Jim Rice - something's clearly wrong.