Home Sports Talk
Options

Ok, Lets all count the BLOWN CALLS in the Rose bowl!

that was NOT a Touchdown, Vince Young's Knee was down!

what exactly is the point of instant replay when they miss something obvious as that?

Comments

• Options

Texas just Intercepted the ball, and it came lose when he hit the ground, but they ruled in incomplete?

• Options
    when you catch a ball, don't you have to maintain possession when you hit the ground? the ground cannot cause a fumble is only when the player has possession - either a running play or a completed pass after possession has been established.

as far as #1 goes, texas rushed out for the extra point and misses. usc SHOULD have called a timeout, and it would have been reviewed, overturned, and they mostly likely would get their timeout back.
  • Options

bad call on that Fumble/dropped pass (even with the replay!!)
  • Options
    funny how the refs somehow did not see the TWO TEXAS LINEMEN with the HANDFULS of USC JERSYS when Vince just scored! that should have been called back on holding!
  • Options
    USC was robbed. The calls in this game were terrible
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    how does Texas run a play on that two point conversion and no time runs off the clock?? Even the Zebras couldn't
    win it for USC!!

JS
  • Options

<< <i>how does Texas run a play on that two point conversion and no time runs off the clock?? Even the Zebras couldn't win it for USC!! >>

You're as out of it as Keith Jackson. Time doesn't come off the clock on an extra point.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>how does Texas run a play on that two point conversion and no time runs off the clock?? Even the Zebras couldn't win it for USC!! >>

You're as out of it as Keith Jackson. Time doesn't come off the clock on an extra point. >>

joe is smoking crack dreaming that FSU is champ! image

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    and I also liked that 4th down spot for USC..could they have been any more obvious??

JS
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>as far as #1 goes, texas rushed out for the extra point and misses. usc SHOULD have called a timeout, and it would have been reviewed, overturned, and they mostly likely would get their timeout back. >>

Unlike the NFL, timeouts are not rewarded back to the team for overturned calls... Stupid rule that needs to be reconsidered.

how does Texas run a play on that two point conversion and no time runs off the clock?? Even the Zebras couldn't win it for USC!!

Damn Joe, you really don't know much about football, eh?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>as far as #1 goes, texas rushed out for the extra point and misses. usc SHOULD have called a timeout, and it would have been reviewed, overturned, and they mostly likely would get their timeout back. >>

Unlike the NFL, timeouts are not rewarded back to the team for overturned calls... Stupid rule that needs to be reconsidered. >>

That's not always true. I have seen the contrary several times - most recently the Georgia/West Virginia game, Georgia called a timeout and the refs reviewed a play, overturned the play, and gave Georgia a timeout back. It seems as if it's up the refs to give the timeout back, I argee though, it's a half-ass system, and NFL rules should be adapted.
  • Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    At least the refs didn't miss any plays where a player wrongly / unfairly pushed another teamate into a first down or touchdown !!

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.