Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Tip Top R2-D2 Space Ice Stickers

As you know, this set on is on the rare side - with near mint sets going for as much as $250-300 for all 15 stickers. They came with ice lollys, one sticker per lolly, back in 1977 in New Zealand. Being food premiums, many were damaged ... and being stickers, many were stuck on childrens beds and folders. But, for the Star Wars fanatic with enough resources, tracking down a set is certainly within reach.

But, the question is, how many sets will it take to get a nice PSA graded set? To be continued....

www.disc-or-die.com
www.jamesbondcards.com
www.vintagestarwarscards.com
paul@disc-or-die.com
transparentpunk@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    Well, even before I started with PSA .. I was already trying to upgade my Star Waras sets to NM/MINT. Of course I wasn't really considering some things (such as centering) to be as important as I realize they are now. But, I did pick through (3) sets of these to make one exceptional set. And, fortunately, I was able to re-sell the other (2) sets at almost what I paid.

Regrettably, singles had almost no value in the past. And most likely, not now either. The problem with a set like this - is that singles are so rare, almost no one would pick up a partial set figuring that they would complete it later. It just wasn't reasonable to think that singles would show up on the market, to finish a set like this. I passed on a few lots of these singles that I wish I would have picked up... but fortunately, my single NM/MINT set did net me 2 PSA 9's and 7 PSA 8's from my inaugural submission. I have only 6 now, that I really need to upgrade. Any help would be much appreciated...

I will also mention, that for a set that was not numbered, and had no captions, PSA did a great job in cataloging it! Thanks PSA.

Paul H.
    http://www.transparentrecords.com/starwarscards/Starwars.htm

www.disc-or-die.com
    www.jamesbondcards.com
    www.vintagestarwarscards.com
    paul@disc-or-die.com
    transparentpunk@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Cool set! I forgot about these.