Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

And, once again, the Beckett Mods have lost their minds...

Someone on the Beckett MB posted a link to a sweet Ryan Braun BIN on e-bay. The mods removed the link, stated that "SPAM" in not tolerated and locked the thread.

The poster had nothing to do with this auction, just doing a heads up for fellow board members.

A bunch of thread about this came up, and the mods just kept locking them and stating the the SPAM rule will now be inforced.

Here is a thread about the issue that was allowed to live a few minutes before it was locked. A few of the original posts got replaced by the MODS comments. I'll delete out sigs to make it easier to follow.

Interestingly, my post (the last on the thread) was deleted bofore the thread got locked.
I think I may have hit a nerve....

Topic Subject Wow. You can no longer inform others about ncie BIN's?

and JUSTICE for all

Total Posts: 2821

Are we no longer allowed to tell others about nice BIN's?

Posting eBay auctions (whether yours or someone else's) does the same thing: clutter the boards with items for sale (spam). While it may not seem like that big of a deal if 1 or 2 people do it, it's still not something that should be clogging up the hobby talk board. If you want to post them, please post them over on the the trade board. - Moderator

--------------------------------------------

Metmöuse®

Total Posts: 1836

Apparently not.

Discussing auctions of major hobby importance is one thing. Advertising auctions (yours or someone elses) is not. - Moderator

--------------------------------------

phasesout

Total Posts: 276

I don't think it was meant to be allowed in the first place, it's just not enforced very often. Kind of like talking about threads that have been locked or removed for a reason... image

----------------------------------------

and JUSTICE for all

Where did I discuss the thread? I am asking a general question about the rules.

the(next)level

Total Posts: 1802

Guess the mod is a Ryan Braun fan...

------------------------------
kochusker

Total Posts: 349

missed it, what was the BIN?

---------------------------------------------

FlaMetsFan

Total Posts: 1098

kochusker, I wouldn't bring it up again. They are cracking down tonight

and JUSTICE for all

It seems like locking the thread caused more problems than the one thread that was posted. Obviously, that's just my opinion.

mwalsh2

Total Posts: 3747

Personally, I think the Moderator has lost his mind and is totally overstepping bounds.

What, helping another member get a good deal on an item they may find useful is a violation? So much for community and helping each other out.

-------------------------------------

cowboysrule48

Total Posts: 4781

----------------
On 1/1/2006 9:20:30 PM , mwalsh2 wrote:

Personally, I think the Moderator has lost his mind and is totally overstepping bounds.

What, helping another member get a good deal on an item they may find useful is a violation? So much for community and helping each other out.
----------------

Lost your Ipod link too. Is there anything wrong with a post titled, "BIN steal on the trade board"?

--------------------------------

mwalsh2

Total Posts: 3747

I expect a big apology tomorrow when the moderator is told his was in the wrong.

Prediction: Not forthcoming.

-------------------------------------

kochusker

Total Posts: 349

I for one love this board for the very reason of catching a great BIN that I would have otherwise missed...

Hstorynfball

Total Posts: 6551

Moderator I see you emailed Beckett I am curious how it was worded as I had a feeling you made it sound like spam, this is not in the Policy Above nor is it in the User Agreement so I am curious what rule was broken, there was none. I am sorry guys I will have to throw out BIN on the other Boards because their Mod collects and like steals tooo and sees no problems with them.

---------------------------------------------

Raymond

Total Posts: 6932

----------------
On 1/1/2006 9:20:30 PM , mwalsh2 wrote:

----------------

I think it comes down to this.

Members of the Beckett Marketplace pay Beckett so they can sell their items on this site. They are not happy with having to compete with "Flea-Bay". They are especially not happy with good deals being advertised on the MB that can take away their business. This is why we now have to pay to use "Buy/Sell/Trade".

This is why this rule will now be enforced (although, posting about an auction that you are not involved really isn't SPAM).

Am I on the right track here Mod?

Raymond