Home Sports Talk
Options

Bad news for Viking's fans

stevekstevek Posts: 28,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
After the win today against the Bears, Tice will be back.

Comments

• Options
    HAHA!

Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Finally, we had to put up with 3 years of his crap, good luck Mike!
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Incase you didnt know he was FIRED!

Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy sh*t. That was quick! Change the header to "Good news for Viking's fans" - LOL

Vikings fire Tice after season-ending win

NFL.com wire reports

MINNEAPOLIS (Jan. 1, 2006) -- The Minnesota Vikings fired coach Mike Tice after a season-ending victory over Chicago on Jan. 1.

The team announced that owner Zygi Wilf would not renew Tice's contract less than an hour after the Vikings' 34-10 win over the Bears in the regular season finale. Tice, who finished his fourth full season with a 32-32 record, had already addressed the media before the move was made public.

His tenure was mostly marked by streaks and scandals, with a $100,000 fine levied last summer against him by the league for scalping his Super Bowl tickets and a wild boat party during the team's bye week this season that produced misdemeanor charges for four players.

After starting 2-5, the Vikings won six straight before losing two in a row to fall out of contention for the playoffs.

• Options
    Bet the Raiders hire him. Tice is just the type of guy to talk a senile Al Davis into hiring him.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭✭
    This reminds me a little bit of the Detroit Lions / Wayne Fontes situation. Wayne wasn't exactly the most strict disciplinarian, and they had some "bad" seasons along with some good ones. Everyone thought things would be much better once they got rid of ol' Wayne. Yep, it sure sucked making the playoffs every other year. Now look at what we have. I think you can do much worse than Mike Tice as a coach.
  • Options
    Guess we'll never know what next year would be like with Tice. Hopefully they can find a decent coach and get some players in the draft or a trade. Not 100% Tice's fault, but he didn't have control of this team. When will we see playoffs again? 2-3 yrs?
    Wanted:
    1961 Topps FB PSA 8
    1970 Topps FB PSA 9
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched Mike's farewell statement. I thought he left with class. I am not a big Tice fan, but the defense should be pretty solid next year. Unless the Bears offense gets better, the Vikes should have a decent chance to win a weak division. I hope Ziggy puts some money into the coaching staff and a few key players.
    JoeBanzai
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set