Home Sports Talk
Options

Eagles fans are BUMS!

Dirty fans, Throwing stuff on players mothers..... All i got to say is the football gods watch that and thats why that city hasn't seen a championship in ages..

Comments

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    is that why Portis' mom is on the sideline?

I just got in from work and caught the end of them saying something.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's still alive. What's the problem?
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>She's still alive. What's the problem? >>

• Options

<< <i>She's still alive. What's the problem? >>

Funny thing is sports gods have made Phily the hell hole of sports.. Never winning anything..
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    She's still alive. What's the problem?

OMG that is funny!!
  • Options
    <<< Funny thing is sports gods have made Phily the hell hole of sports.. Never winning anything.. >>>

You got that right. Maybe we need to sacrifice a virgin or something like that.

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i><<< Funny thing is sports gods have made Phily the hell hole of sports.. Never winning anything.. >>>

You got that right. Maybe we need to sacrifice a virgin or something like that. >>

Or try the Ron Burgandy way and stay classy.

• Options

<< <i>Dirty fans, Throwing stuff on players mothers..... All i got to say is the football gods watch that and thats why that city hasn't seen a championship in ages.. >>

I agree - they should throw stuff only at the mothers of Cowboy players.

In all seriousness, these fans are in the minority, should be kicked out of the stadium and have their season tickets yanked.

Plenty of good natured ribbing goes on in the stands between Eagles fans and the opposing team's fans, but hurling anything other than epithets is not needed.

Now if Mama Portis was getting out of hand....

Yes Parcells should have stayed in New York. Born and raised in North Jersey, a NY fan all his life, coached at West Point, achieved his dream of coaching the Giants. With such a life coaching the Cowboys is wrong for many reasons. Talk about angering the football gods.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Giants and Jets fans are far worse ...

As far as Portis's mom, rumor has it that the story is BS (from a security friend of mine) ... she wanted access to the field when Clinton went down, and was denied. She then said people were throwing things ...

One snowball at Santa years ago and the media ran with it
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    One snowball at Santa years ago and the media ran with it

One snowball ? Not what i heard image
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    you know what I mean ... the media blows this stuff way off base.

As far as what happens at the Vet or Linc, I know more than the media does. I have been an Eagles season ticket holder since '92. I have missed 5 home games in that span. We are loud, obnoxious, and we use choice words at every opportunity, but that is about it. I have seen fights (about three per year) and most every single one is involving two Eagles fans.

Then again, I would rather have this reputation than a BS Oakland fan (black hole my a$$ - oooooo so scary), an LA fan who leaves the Dodger game early, or any Florida team who can't get a sellout.

Are Tampa and Miami home games even on TV?
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    I am from a different historical persuasion, but fans of the Eagles are die hard, resolute and the best fans any team could ever want. You have to admire that. A few knuckleheads in the crowd is part of the deal. Great fans who support their team.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    <<< One snowball ? Not what i heard >>>

There has also been a number of snowball throwing incidents at football stadiums in other cities. As well as incidents invoving throwing batteries and other objects. Personally I find the throwing of AAA batteries at opposing team players quite reprehensible. Fans throwing these batteries should understand that by using AA batteries instead, you can get a better grip for greater accuracy and have better stopping power. Single A batteries while heavier than AA and so seemingly would be better, because of the weight often fall short of the target and are not recommended.
  • Options

<< <i>One snowball at Santa years ago and the media ran with it

One snowball ? Not what i heard image >>

Ahhhh the good old days.

The Ice Bowl...Jimmy Johnson getting his coiffure rearranged by a snowball after the Eagles-Cowboys in Philly. The picture was on the front of the Daily News the day after. Occasionally the stands were not thoroughly cleaned after a good snowfall...a mysterious happenstance.

...and then there was the Buddy Ryan Bounty Bowl.