Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

t-206 question

I am looking at buying my first T-206. This one caught my eye. I know very little about the issue and was wondering what people think about it. Is it a weak, mid range, or strong 4 for that vintage? Any guesses on what the hammer will be? I bid on a T-206 Downs earlier this week. I went $100 over the $120 SMR on the card and the hammer came down at $362!

Comments

• Options
    this peaks my curiousity....i paid $400 for my psa 4 in 1999, guess i'll get to see if i wasted my money.
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    No, you didn't. I just sold a PSA 4 Matty that was a tad too weak for my liking for $625. The one now on eBay looks average for a 4, but appears nicer than the one I just sold - at least based on that merely adequate scan.

The Matty portrait is a must-have card for T206 collectors and I do kinda miss mine. It'd be a great way to start a T206 collection, williplett. [Man, I hated that guy when he played.] I saw that Downs too. Pretty strong price. Run-of-the-mill 6's usually go in the low $200s, but the Downs is probably a bit tougher than the typical common.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    THis Matty is a solid 4, but looks closer to the lower end of the grade if the corners are considered more than the centering. I have a psa 3 Matty portrait that is nearly identical to this one. That is a great card to start your t206 collection. Beautiful color. Good luck!!
  • Options
    I sold a 4.5 Matty about 3 weeks ago for 700.00. It had much stronger corners though.
    Scott

T206's are always being bought.

aloof1003@comcast.net