Options

HAPPY NEW YEAR What is your 2006 one coin you must have GOAL

Hello to all. HAPPY NEW YEAR
Thank you for all I have learned in 2005image
What is your coin goal for 2006
I want a 1909s VDB in AU anything

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
In that order for tonight image
My grandchildren. The heirs to my collection! (Just not to soon I hope)

Comments

• Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I want to finally end my search for an 1892 Barber half in the grade range between 40 and 55 with a certain look to it: oirginal patina, non-white with just a little bit of circulated wear in it.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    1929 Half Eagle in MS condition. I thought I had a chance at one this year until the auction price thrashed any previous price realized. Lost out and will continue the search.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same as you book......1909svdb in AU
    Last year/this year, it was 1955/55 DDO. I got 2 (sold one when I got a better one from Mark Feld).

I still want a nice 1917 TYPE I SLQ (very nice AU or MS63 if I need) for the type set.

Those are my 2 "must have" coins.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 12 years of hunting, I still need 40 of the 56 coins in my set. I can't count on any of them showing up this year, so there's no sense in targeting any one coin in particular.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    I'm going to shoot for a 1909-s PCGS MS67RD! Now wheres that kids piggy bank?image
    How much for that one
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are four capped bust half dimes that I am missing (rare die marriages from 1829 (1), 1830 (2), and the rarest die marriage of the bunch from 1833), I'd be happy to add any one of these in 2006.
  • Options
    ccexccex Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭
    The last hole in my Dansco type set album is for the $10 Indian I didn't get last year. My goal is to find a nice 1932 in an AU-58 slab by ANACS, PCGS, or NGC, crack the slab, and paste the insert on the back of the album's last page (with other ANACS and NGC inserts)
    "Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor
  • Options
    An 1839 No Drapery Half Dollar in a lower but collectible grade with attractive original surfaces.
    The strangest things seem suddenly routine.
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    An 1896-S PL/DMPL dollar in choice or higher.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭
    I would like to add and 1893-1895 Morgan Dollar to my Date and MintMark Set, But they are so darn expensive! $$$CHA-CHING$$$ My only real hope is MAYBE an 1894-O in AU.......

TorinoCobra71

"Expert Collector, Post #2500"

• Options
    1909 s vdb in ms65 or better, i would like red!
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Upgrades for my 1957 Proof and Mint Sets and additions to my 1857 Mint Set w/Goldimage Several candidates are available at FUN. Would like to get at least oneimage
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    You know, I have been thinking about what coin I might want to get this year. I may end up only just buying one. Specifically, a 1797 dime or half dime with 16 stars or any other 1797 coin with 16 stars. The trouble for me is that I enjoy coins, but more for looking at them and spending some time with them than actually owning them, which makes it little bit harder for me as a collector. Maybe I am not a collector anymore, but just a coinophile.
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better grade (XF+) of 1906-S silver coins (50¢ and 10¢).
    https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    RWRW Posts: 485
    I want to pick up a 47s & 48s Lincoln in 67RD.
  • Options
    I just want a $20 Saint.............has been my holy grail since the begining.
    I have one cornered at a shop.....just waiting for the right moment to make "the kill".

happy new year
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!
  • Options
    Hmmmm..... Last year it was to get a one ounce Gold Maple Leaf, especially after I had purchased a one ounce Palladium Maple Leaf. Now that the Gold one is in my hands and looks so damned good, I'm either planning on trying to get a one ounce Platinum Maple Leaf so I can have a set of all four, or a nice graded, common-date $20 Saint. Looking at what I paid in taxes last year, I should be seeing a HUGE refund in excess of $500 so I will be able to afford one. I just would like to get a nice looking saint to add to my collection. (Or an 1880 $20 Double Eagle to add to my 1880 coin collection. Dammit. I don't know just one coin that I must have. image )
    I collect the elements on the periodic table, and some coins. I have a complete Roosevelt set, and am putting together a set of coins from 1880.
  • Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭
    It would probably be a $2.50 Liberty PCGS MS-62 to finish the Basic Gold Type set of 8 in 62/63 grades.....
    Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880
    There is a 1893-S Morgan in VF-25 that I really like. I wonder if I can get Mrs. curly to go along if I promise to not buy another coin in 2006. I'm sure gonna try.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    2006-D Lincoln Cent

David
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2006 Proof platinum half oz coin. It'll set me back about $800.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
    No "must coin" but I would like a PCGS P01 Morgan, and to complete my Indian cent collection I need a 64L and a 70.
  • Options
    mojoriznmojorizn Posts: 1,380
    Going to FUN with the goal of picking up a '14-D Lincoln, shooting for AU58-MS60.

Mojo
    "I am the wilderness that is lost in man."
    -Jim Morrison-
    Mr. Mojorizn

my blog:www.numistories.com
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    A low grade (like AG3) $20 St Gaudens No Motto (1907 or 1908).....tough to find........and also a low grade 1907 High Relief! image
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file