Home Metal Detecting
Options

Year end find's

Figure I would post a review of all my find's from the year,as it's been storming here perty bad.

This first pic is of all my coin's with some first.
I found my first silver half this year which was a 1863s seated half,then came the WLH along with the franklin half.Then I got my first shield nickel as well as my first seated half dime.The rest are seated dime,barber dime's,merc's,rosie's,barber quarter's,washington quarter's,V-nickel's,war nickel's and IH's.

Next is some token's,which most came from the coleman site that hunted with DD.

next is all the marble's,some came from the coleman site as well.A few were given to me a buddy that didn't want them.

and finally the gold and silver jewelry from the year.This has been my best for gold.

For all the new guy's to the hobbie,don't get bummed out from this post.Once you learn what the machine is telling you and what site's to go to,your pouch's will be filled with these goodie's.
Also to make these find's I also dug numerous amount's of trash,so for every good find I made I probally dug 50 piece's of trash.So keep at it.
Hope everybody has a great New Year and see you all next year.HH,Tom

Comments

• Options
    Awsome finds.image

Still snow and rain here also. This BITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started making a list of places to go though next year!!!!!!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's quite the hoard, there.

What's the face on that watch look like?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    WTG LT...Quality finds.

Jerry

CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool!

Are you doing a lot of public property searching or private?
    I'll be starting out with a lot of private (my own and then our friends' properties) to get the hang of it.....I just don't know how to approach someone and say "excuse me, can I metal detect your parking lot/park/etc?)

Nice finds though!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    imageimage
    Wow, you had a great year!!
  • Options
    Thank's all for the replie's,I also found quite a few relic's and button's to.Which I am working on putting in display's that will hang on my wall.

Bochi I mostly hunt demo's,have never really hunted anybody's private yard.Not good with talking to people either.
    Demo's I usually hit when they have all gone home for the day or on the weekend's.Contracter's usually don't give permission do liability reason's.There are a few that will,but most won't and some will just say I leave at such and such time and want be back till this time.Which perty much mean's nobody will be here,but I'm telling you yes eitherimageimage
    I also hit any sidewalk's that are ripped up,as they are like time capsul's and can produce some great find's.The only bad thing is you got to hit them fast,as they are done with in a couple of day's.HH,Tom
  • Options
    Looks like you had a great year. image
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a great year!!
    I'm very impressed by the amount of gold!! image
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    Amazing! Detectorists like you and posts like this make this forum a great place for newbies like me.

Man that is a lot of GOLD!

Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
  • Options
    Way to go Tom! image

You really turned on the jewelry finds this year...

Hope 2006 is a great one for you.

Rick image