Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Quarterly Grading Special... First Quarter 2006

Since just about everyone starts the New Year out with a resolution to lose weight, we'll make the first Quarterly Special of the year the lightest and heaviest coins that America ever produced. Any coin that falls into either of these two categories will qualify:

Lightest: Three-Cent Silver issued between 1851 and 1873
Heaviest: 1915-S Panama-Pacific $50 Gold (Round or Octagonal)

This offer is open to all Collectors Club members. As a paid member, you are entitled to submit one coin per quarterly special per membership.

This coin needs to be submitted on its own submission form with its own return shipping. Turnaround time is approximately 21 business days.
===========================
I may have a 3CS, but I sure don't have a Pan-Pac!
Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!

Comments

• Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭
    Another Quarterly Special I will miss out on.....<SIGH>

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if they got bombarded with 1881-S dollars in the last special . . . . . .

Drunner
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    i just joined gold club, just got my pack today as a matter of fact...
    that means I can submit a single coin, my 1852 3 cent piece for grading.. gratis ?!?
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    You need to pay the shipping both ways. While it can be mailed with other coins, it must be on its own invoice and will come home alone.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    shoot, it's very light, postage isn't gonna be that bad image

I take it this is a typo on the information page?

"Hurry! All orders must be postmarked by December 31, 2005."

that's a tight deadline !

(thanks,btw)
  • Options
    RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Another generally worthless quarterly special ... perhaps I should send my AU three center in my type set for spite? Wait ... I may have a Pan Pac in the junk box...
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    Now I must figure out which of my slugs to send in. image
  • Options
    BaronVonBaughBaronVonBaugh Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭
    I think that $50 gold is unfair. How many people that are in the club have one? Or can even afford one? Should have used the $20 gold!
  • Options
    tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
    I think it is a pittiful excuse of a "freebie". They make an offer that not many can use. Ok, you can send in the 3CS, but aren't most of those already in holders for protection? Yes, I can get circulated ones, but who is going to send THOSE in. Guess I should crack out my Pan Pac and resubmit it. NOT.

They take away the CC Gold level (not really, just took away all of the benefits), then the offer quarterly submissions like this. Remind me again why I joined?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file