Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Comments

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks good to meimage

Steve
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Being a 65 Reg collector (I have that card in 9) I would have liked to have seen this example with better centering. Card does though have nice color and clean sharp borders. With all that said I see that card going for 400.00+ nontheless. JUST NOT MY 400.00.

Steve

Think I like my 9 better
    Good for you.
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    Remember what people said about fools and their money in the Elway thread? The same applies here.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is a 10? >>

no..

steve's is closer to a 10.. i like it better..

edit - but i'm a fan of good centering..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Wow - I can honestly say, from looking at the scans, that I like the 9 better.
  • Options

Good for you.
  • Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    I don't know why you people get so hung up on whether or not a card is a PSA 9 or a PSA 10. If you're unhappy with the grade, don't include a picture of the card in your Set Registry. It's not that hard!

This card will sell for A TON of money because the buyer knows the importance of a PSA 10 to his GPA in the Set Registry. PSA has proven time and time again, they're the TRAINED and CERTIFIED professionals with more than NINE MILLION cards graded! Instead of focusing on the negative all the time, why not focus on the positive of PSA? The Set Registry is living proof of the success and faith people have in the PSA name. It's why I always MAKE MINE PSA!! image

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options
    Card sold for 1541.00

2 guys bid up at that level.

the duke (who knows the value of such things ) topped out at 575.00

dave (vmfa) who also knows the value of such things also had a prudent bid.

The buyer is a deep pockets guy looking soley for certs it seems at times.

Steve

I still think my 9 is nicer.

Dabig, PSA all the way baby!! link
    Good for you.
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    Mets cards have their own premium. Pantsmanfish is a high bidder on the 1966's. We can debate all we want about is the PSA 9 better than the PSA 10, but the bottom line is PSA is the only opinion that matters and once it is in the slab as a 10, no one is going to bust it out.
  • Options
    once it is in the slab as a 10, no one is going to bust it out.

Agreed,

However being a collector of both the Mets set and the 65 set The premium paid for that particular example is out of wack. IMO

PSA is the only opinion that matters

I disagree,

My opinion mattered as I passed on that card as even a token bid was not prudent for me IMO.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    after 9 Million cards it is too late, but a half grade system or a even a more detailed grading system like that of SGC might may have been better for PSA collectors. i think we all agree not that all 9's (or 8's or 10's or 1's...) are created equal. Just like all OC qualifiers are not the same.

I disagree,

My opinion mattered as I passed on that card as even a token bid was not prudent for me IMO.

While your opinion certainly mattered on how you wish to spend your money, it does not matter with the PSA registry. It's like arguing with an official except there are no red flags to throw to debate the card in the slab.
  • Options
    why not this is a 10.

slide, please:

Chico not OC enough to not be a 10 Cardenas
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff