Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Ebay, Pay Pal and Delivery Confirmation

Recently I have won quite a few auctions and used pay pal to pay for them. I am just really surpised that many packages show up with no delivery confirmation or tracking number. I even saw in one listing where the seller put in his/her listing do not email asking for a tracking number unless you pay for it and this person accepted paypal. Most of the items I purchased were from sellers who sell a lot on eBay (based on there feedback) and should be aware of pay pal policy. I see why many sellers get burned by people claiming not to have received their items. I guess it is a good thing that I am an honest person. Anyone else surprised by this?

Comments

• pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    yeah use delivery confirmation on pretty much anything over $10 bucks..
    ·p_A·
  • I'm not really surprised. I've learned that in the sports card market there are a LOT of honest people. Heck, I don't even wait for personnal checks to clear - I get the check, I mail the cards. I think as a seller I can tell if there is a higher risk with a buyer - if so, then I will get Delivery Confirmation. I think every one of my buyers though has had 100% feedback!
    << image >>
  • BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    I guess I'm not all that surprised either. I'm honest to a fault and find a lot of other guys are too. Of course, I've yet to get burned big time, so as each transaction passes, I get to thinking everyone is honest. I'm sure I'll get burned soon and my feeling will change.

I think Perry is right, transaction less than $10 I'll just take my chances.

As far as being honest goes, I guess I do look at a persons feedback. I have 520 positives and 0 negatives so I expect sellers to trust me as well.

As far as me being TOO honest. I don't think there is such a thing, but things I do...
    1) I leave positive feedback to a buyer as soon as I receive payment.
    2) I, too, will send an item as soon as I receive payment, even if by personal check on most items.
    3) I don't send packages with delivery confirmation on anything under $10 either
    4) I certainly don't try to scam anyone who doesn't use delivery confirmation, even though sometimes I'd sure like to. I recently spent $11 for shipping of 5 cards and they were sent for $2.46 without delivery confirmation or insurance. That will upset you.
    5) I wanted a Reggie Jackson rookie for the longest time but couldn't afford one (recently bought a PSA 7 though). About a year ago, I had a seller ACCIDENTALLY send me a PSA graded Reggie rookie. But I couldn't do it, as much as I wanted to. I sent it back to him and even paid for the shipping. How's that for sick?? Good thing for him it wasn't a PSA 9, I probably couldn't have been THAT honest then. image

I'm sure I'll get burned soon and then you'll have to endure me complaining about it. Until then, I'll go on believing there are most honest than unhonest people out there.

Shawn.
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very well said...I am the same way.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • How much is delivery confirmation?
  • a big 13 cents if you print a packing slip through paypal, 55 cents at the PO...
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I believe at the PO it is 45 cents, but I use online postage - and it is only 13 cents there.

Everything I ship had delivery confirmation, it makes no sense to save 13 cents and risk a problem.
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe at the PO it is 45 cents, but I use online postage - and it is only 13 cents there.

Everything I ship had delivery confirmation, it makes no sense to save 13 cents and risk a problem. >>

Ditto...
  • sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How much is delivery confirmation? >>

Some of the online postage places give it away for as little as $0.03 per first class mail. They typically have a $15 per month fee though. DC doesn't actually satisfy PayPal's proof of delivery though so if you are actually dealing with a scammer it won't help. It does give the item a tracking number and can help the USPS locate the package at times.
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i dont use online postage because i've been to lazy to learn how.. image
    ·p_A·
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    It's actually really easy - I use Stamps.com, you just download the program and it sets itself up. I have a pretty basic laser printer (black and white) but any printer will do for the postage. You can use plain paper for labels, or what I do is buy the labels in bulk.

The only downside is the $15.99 monthly fee, whether you use the service or not. In most months, the cost is well worth never having to stand in line at a PO for me.