Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Cigars

Do I smoke a cuban re-wrapped cohiba in mexico leaf or an A. Fuente gran reserva thats about a year old? I dont know too much about cigars?
Collecting cleaned, scratched, scraped, AT and ugly POS coins for over 2 years now!

Comments

• Options
    coinnut86coinnut86 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭
    wrong forum
  • Options
    So Sorry. My Mistake.
    Collecting cleaned, scratched, scraped, AT and ugly POS coins for over 2 years now!
  • Options
    coinnut86coinnut86 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭
    All's well that ends well image
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    It's OK. Seems a little slow anyway. Half of my co-workers are big on Cigars. Whenever we travel to asia the first thing they do is find the nearest cigar shop. There is a nice one in Taipei 101.
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    cigars are tough
    i hate the smell of most of they but, i love to smoke a good one..
    trouble is i cant remember which were the good ones...image
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's make this thread coin related. I remember reading that one technique for retoning copper that has been dipped is to blow cigar smoke onto the coin to give it a natural brown color. This technique can be uncovered by smelling the coin. Has anyone here tried this technique and how well does it work?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Ask Monica Blowinsky!
  • Options
    why would anyone re-wrap a cohiba with mexican leaf?
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A re-wrapped COHIBA is bogus---like a counterfeit coin----stay far far away. Now give me a nice RASS or RASCC........hmmmmmm
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    bonkroodbonkrood Posts: 796 ✭✭✭
    I know you can buy Cuban cigars in Canada legally. image But you have to smoke them there.
    image Steam Power
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Let's make this thread coin related. I remember reading that one technique for retoning copper that has been dipped is to blow cigar smoke onto the coin to give it a natural brown color. This technique can be uncovered by smelling the coin. Has anyone here tried this technique and how well does it work? >>

"Hazing" a coin with smoke has been identified as one of the tools in a coin doctors' kit... Supposed to hide minor hairlines. I see this as a throwback to the 30's and 40's, a buncha guys sitting around a dingy back room , tryin' to find an angle and make an extra nickel...

I say the Gran Riserva... Better a widget than a counterfeit image

• Options

<< <i>Now give me a nice RASS or RASCC........hmmmmmm >>

• Options
    this thread is confusing the hell out of me. i can't remember if i'm on the coins boards or the cigar boards.
  • Options
    Possession of Cuban Cigars in the US is a felony !
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Possession of Cuban Cigars in the US is a felony ! >>

That is 100 % NOT TRUE. Possession of Cuban Cigars is perfectly fine---Purchase of Cuban Cigars in the U.S. is a no no.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file