Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dealers: How much time do you spend looking at other dealers' online inventories?

RYKRYK Posts: 35,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
If you do not want to admit how much, use your alt image or PM me, and I will post your reply confidentially.

Comments

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    Very little, though apparently a bit more than Andy does.
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    if i went to 25+ shows a year, which i do not, i can see how viewing
    coins online would be one big pita.

The two posters above me always say view the coin in person.
    Good to see them follow their own advice and do not or barely bother view online.
  • Options
    Everyone on the PCGS most recommended list at least once a weekimage
  • Options

<< <i>The two posters above me always say view the coin in person. >>

FC, on the rare occasions when I do look, it is with the thought that if a particular coin catches my interest, I might ask the dealer to ship it to me for viewing and a quick pass or play. Ditto for when clients ask me to check out other dealers' coins in that fashion.

<< <i>Everyone on the PCGS most recommended list at least once a week >>

ajc, do you mean "featured dealers"? If so, just so you know, I believe that list is based upon paid placement on that website page.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Once in a while I may "skim" other dealers' inventory listings for a coin that I may need.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The two posters above me always say view the coin in person. >>

FC, on the rare occasions when I do look, it is with the thought that if a particular coin catches my interest, I might ask the dealer to ship it to me for viewing and a quick pass or play. Ditto for when clients ask me to check out other dealers' coins in that fashion.

<< <i>Everyone on the PCGS most recommended list at least once a week >>

ajc, do you mean "featured dealers"? If so, just so you know, I believe that list is based upon paid placement on that website page. >>

Yes, I mean featured dealers, I also go through the other lists from time to time but finding those dealers that have a website or one with a good inventory is difficult. Don't worry, I check your website out alsoimage
  • Options
    Every now and then when things are slow but that is not the case lately thank goodness!
    All American Coin & Jewlery Co.
    6024 N. 9th Ave #5
    Pensacola, FL 32504
    HTTP://WWW.AACoinCo.Com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file